Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Has Anyone Lowered Front Only?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Kkrogers, Oct 25, 2007.

1. I was wondering if it is even possible to lower just the front? I kind of like the way the back sits, the car just needs leveled out some.

Thanks,
    K

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    You can have your stock springs recoiled a little lower. Or just get eibachs or H&R's and use just the fronts.

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Somehow I don't think he means quite THAT low in comparison :p

What do you mean stock springs recoiled? You can always clip off a portion of the front springs... not recommended but it's an option.

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  5. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I cut the spring mount in the rear with the H&Rs when we first put them in. Leveled it out nicely since we cut the front springs. :D

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, cube that is an option to have the springs recoiled to lower the ride. LMS can do it here if I wanted but I didn't know this until I already did the eibachs. There is a special tool to do this but I you have to call and ask around to some performance shops.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 LMS talked to me about this also - but I got a good deal on the Eibachs so I just did that. You should call LMS up if you want more details.

8. Ed@Pepe

Ed@Pepe Member

While you can definitely pull it off, I wouldn't personally reccommend using OEM springs on the front and aftermarkets on the rear. The FX's suspension is engineered for certain weights and balance, and if you change the spring rate in ONLY the rear, the entire suspension geometry changes. It may be able to be done, but it certainly undermines a lot of relevant design relating to the suspension, feel, and balance of the FX.

-Ed

9. OP
    OP
    Kkrogers

Kkrogers Member

Thanks for the info guys. Actually when I got home last night and looked at it some more in the level garage, I realized it needs lowered all around. I am going to order the H&R's soon, but they are back ordered for 8-10 weeks I guess!

Thanks,
    K

10. Lowering just the fronts? I would assume to a certain degree your VDC will not like it. Plus I assume your spring rates front and rear would be all off.