Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] had to work sunday...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by asherchy, Dec 9, 2007.

1. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

thanks to my working sunday, i got monday off. im going snowboarding on a schoolday... yay me! get to try out the brand new arbor board and burton bindings. hell to the yeah.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Had an arbor board once with flow bindings, very nice board but could not beat my ride. Where you heading? Mt.High, Bear?

I miss boarding.. it has been about 3 years since my last trip.

3. OP
    OP
    asherchy

summit/bear. day off during the week is RARE in my field. i got the arbor purely on looks. i love love love woodgrain anything. im using it as a nice trial day for the new setup. also got new boots so gotta break everything in before my week trip in tahoe for new years.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Ah snowboarding. I gotta get out there this year. Hopefully Mammoth has some good snow this year.

5. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    How do you guys ride? I tried goofy and fell :cool:

First time learning how to turn, I could pull off right turns like no problem... and take face plants if I tried goin left (riding normal)

6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Carving will come with practice. Going down the hill sideways takes a lot more out of you than carving so the first few times can be rough on the body. Whatever edge is going down hill needs to be up, heels and toes.

7. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    goofy for me feels most comfortable

8. OP
    OP
    asherchy

mamoth is by far my favorite mountain. great for beginers to expert and you can always find a run with noone on it.
    easy was to figure out which way you should ride is have a friend shove you from behind when youre not quite expecting it... which ever foot you step on first is generally your lead foot.
    ive been goofy since i was 5. riding regular just feels super odd. skating i cant do anything regular footed but wakeboarding i spin much better coming in fakie.
    please no comments about being goofy since i was five...

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i used to snowboard back when i was 13-15 but i gave it up (dunno why)
    it was pretty fun, i cant remember if i was goofy or regular, but i had my bindings slightly angled to pull off some fun moves :p

10. OP
    OP
    asherchy

bigbear is covered in snow. all runs open and most lifts running. beautiful and had so much fun, we got a room and stayed the night so we could do it again tuesday.

11. pmanliu

pmanliu iS VIP iS VIP

NYC
    2017 WRX
    Garages:
    any east coast skiers/boarders? :biggrin:

our snow compared to the west sucks, but whatever, its the most i can get for close distance. I usually go to killington in vt or loon. I ski and ride salomon teneighty's