Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

H&R Springs/Spacers

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by LeBron23, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Woohoo! I'm putting H&R Springs/Spacers on today. I will post some pics later tonight.
    I want to see how H&R rides compare to Eibachs. I got pretty good deal from Justin @ WestCovina Nissan, great guy to deal with. I have heard only great things about WestCovinaNissan and now I know why.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Min, are you going to start REmodding the FX again?

3. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

nah...just springs/spacers..Hid Fogs....HID headlights...LMS intake...2 12" subs that's about it. Not going crazy with it again :) just some appearance add-ons. I might paint my stock rims/grill to match Obsidian Black, do you know any good shop in K-Town?

4. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    So no Audi?:shame:

I have H&R 15mm in front and 20mm in rear. I painted the rims of the spacers gloss black to match the new Rotorpros rotors w/ the black painted hubs. Matches perfectly... working on painting the calipers and I'll post pics after that.

As for the springs... I still have Eibachs and I'd really really like to swap to H&R's but I can't afford something so unnecessary.

Maybe I'll swap to stock springs, sell the Eibachs and then get some H&R's on there...

5. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Cube,

No Audi for me...and no new car for me either. Long story...but I'm kind of happy that I didn't get rid of my FX.
    Anyways, H&R rides awsome compare to Eibachs....trust me. I just drove about an hour after picking up my FX...man I can't believe this is aftermarket LOWERING springs! Ride quality is too good to be aftermarket with 1.3" drop. Plus unlike the Eibach, H&R seems like it brings down Front little bit more to make it look even with rear for us FX35. I didn't get to take some pics yet, but I will shortly.

Spacers, I went with H&R 25mm spacers all around. I love the look, perfectly flushed all around. So far no rubbing, I'm running stock 20's with Toyo Proxes 265-50-20.

Q: I assume you got your Rotors/pads through pscline? How do you like it? My stock brakes makes crazy grinding noise....does rotorpros brake pads squeak as well?

Ye, I will eventually paint my spacers Obsidian black along with my rims/grill.

6. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

how much did you pay for your springs :)

7. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

$265 shipped from WestCovinaNissan ask for Justin. I asked around other shops as well but either they were asking more than $265 or take too long to get the springs. I got mine in about 3 days.

8. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    post some pics

9. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

will do today.

10. Mongolian

Whoa! that's pretty damn cheap. That is shipped to your house right?

Any suggestions on place to install springs? Prices I'm getting are quite high... Any recommendations?

Thanks

11. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Check with West co or LMS for the install. West co is a good place, Justin is awesome too. :D

12. Mongolian

What do you think is a reasonable price?

I guess I'm saying the prices are high since I had my old shop install springs & shocks on my Acura TL-s for 100 bucks. Those guys never worked on FX so I don't want to take my car there....

13. Mongolian

I just emailed Justin. If he is able to offer that price, I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I might even install it there if the prices are reasonable.

14. rookie

He should be in Vegas this weekend for HIN, let me know what he says about the install. Tell him you're a forum member at g35driver, they offer slight discounts for forum members. Also tell him Viet sent ya!!!

15. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

West Covina Service Tech quoted me for $400 for the install...I went with LMS bit cheaper. I didn't get to take some pics of the whole car but here's slight idea of how 25mm spacer looks :)
    1-15.jpg
    2-14.jpg
    3-12.jpg
    4-10.jpg

Attached Files:

16. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Spacers look nice, but man! Your ride looks so tame in comparison :err::confused:

17. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    what size are your rims? 400, just to install???

18. rookie

Wholey overestimated install price batman. The most time consuming part of the install is the spring compression in the front.

What does LMS charge?

19. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

damn!!! i got my springs done for $100

20. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

thats a wicked deal! i got quoted $50 a side so it comes to $200 + taxes. i just need money for my springs now :frown: