Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

GT Spec Suspension Bracing

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by rookie, Aug 6, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

GT Spec makes some good stuff for the G and Z coupes. Some of their stuff may fit the sedans as well but I haven't done a huge amount of research on that.

I knew these would not fit, but hey what fun would it be if stuff just bolted up. ;)

List of braces for the G/Z http://www.gtspec.com/index.php?nav=products_category&cat=83

Rear lateral arm brace. photo from intense power.
    ntnsracing_1958_44668332.jpg

Rear tie brace. photo from intense power.
    ntnsracing_1958_44462356.jpg

FX locations
    GT_Spec_bars_04.jpg
    GT_Spec_bars_01.jpg

Little short as I expected.
    GT_Spec_bars_05.jpg
    GT_Spec_bars_02.jpg
    GT_Spec_bars_03.jpg

Modified. :biggrin:
    GT_Spec_bars_06.jpg

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    WTF....:eek:

Man you got allot of time on your hands Viet... Great way of modding it to fit your FX...

Also, I forgot to mention props on the Air Ride of your FX. UP and DOWN on the Fly.. WOW..

Great FX man

How is the ride? Any noticable improvements on Swirving from one lane to the other?

3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    We need a vid of your vehicle in action:rofl:

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That's just over the top Viet :eek:,but then again everything about your FX is over the top!:biggrin: Like I keep saying.......PATIENCE Viet PATIENCE :LOL::LOL:. And did mention I love the BLUE.:cool:

5. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Definetly... Need to see how fast and how agile it still is...

How about a clip of the new Exhaust Set Up. Never even heard your car rev up or run apart from the vids at the Cal Speed Way..

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    So do any of those braces fit outa the box?

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No Dave. Viet bought 2 of both and had them cut and welded to his measurements and them powder coated. Sorry, but no out of the box stuff for us :frown:.

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Oh, I see the welds now. THX for clearing

9. OP
    OP
    rookie

I ordered 1 of each first to see the bar stock, they only sent the lateral bar at first which I was able to test fit and found the 2" width differences.

The rear tie bar showed up and I was able to see they are the same bars, just positioned differently. But again about 2" short.

Ordered 1 additional rear lateral bar and had Technosquare do the mods when they had my differential down for some service. They cut one lateral bar a little longer so you only see 1 weld on the lateral bar. They added the additional metal needed on the rear tire bar so you see 2 welds there.

I love my powdercoating shop. I dropped it off in the morning and said hey if you can get this back to me at the end of the day that would be great. RB called me around 4ish and said the stuff was ready. :biggrin:

For real world feel. WOW, I am not one to sugarcoat stuff and will be the first to admit some stuff does not make a feelable difference but this stuff works well.

10. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Man.. I need your Powder Coat Guy's number...

I know I might not get the quick turn arround as you but, I at least for what I can see his work is a+.

11. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

if your FX didnt look so damn good i would say go autocrossing!

12. Viet has waaaaaay too much time thinking about his car.

It only makes things easier for us....nice job and pics.

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    If my under carriage was that clean I don't think I could bring myself to drive her! I would just sit there and admire th FX.:eek::cool:

14. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Exactly Pierce.... I was thinkig about his road Trip to Seatlle.

It must of been a bitch to clean the under carriage before the Show..:eek:

Great Looking Ride... Very cool to see Viet back a bit on the ORG....

Very classy guy.

15. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    That's neat those parts can fit with small mods. Hands down to Rookie for being the first to try.

16. da mayor

da mayor Member

rookie make a list of what parts people do want... i'll drop off my FX at GT Spec and have them start working on parts people would like for the FX. if there is a market then i'll set up a group buy

17. OP
    OP
    rookie

The rear bracing is dam good stuff. The stiffness is nice in the rear for cornering.

When I drop the bags on the ground I can hear the sub-frame not flexing, before the bracing it would make very little noise when going all the way down.

Making the bars have clearance for the single exhaust guys would be a must, not as many of them are using the dual style piping as the G/Z guys.

Can you call them the rookie bars? lol, just playing. Marty told me to hit up GT Spec for help on this but I just wanted to get it done so we did it ourselves. :biggrin:

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Kenny, if you can get this together with GT Spec and make the pricing comparable to the Z and G's I will definitely be the first in line to pick one up. Would be an awesome mod and I'm positive alot of FX'rs would be in line for this!

Viet the pioneer as always!

19. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    What else is new ;)

BTW, I'm in line for this as #2. Single piping please

20. OP
    OP
    rookie

I liken the handling difference to adding the rear sway to the RWD FXs.

With my huge freakin rear tires and slammed stance, the excessive camber in the back stabilized some of the ride and handling. When we did the toe kit and than the camber kit without an official alignment it handled like absolute TURD.

Once the alignment was done the ride stabilized but felt a little slushy. Slapped these things on and back to nice handling with the correct camber and toe setting.

Overall less body roll, less top heavy feeling in the rear during some fun swerving. :biggrin: