Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] GT-R based SUV???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Feb 26, 2008.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

...wasn't sure if I should've posted this in the GT-R thread... I kinda wanted it's own title tho... the first picture is terrible to look at because it came straight out of a magazine scan :rolleyes:

From Leftlanenews...

GTRSUV2of2.jpg
    GTRSUV1of2.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    I can see and appreciate what they are trying to do, but I am not feeling the styling. It's nice to dream about though. :cool:

3. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

after they are done messing with baseball, they are gonna start testing infiniti for steroids.
    that thing is fugly

4. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    lol, looks interesting.

5. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I think Nissan is just trying to "milk" all they can with the "GT-R" label... first the 4 door sedan version now SUV? I still wouldn't mind seeing this made tho... I came from Acura... at least Nissan has "visions". Honda/Acura are just so boring... no V8 in their entire lineup... Their "flagship" RL has failed (well at least IMO), they can't make up their minds about the NSX... oh yeah... most of their cars are FWD :rolleyes:

It's just cool to see a visionary direction away from the "other 2" Japanese giants.

6. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

ferrari makes a nice coupe, doesnt mean i want to tow my boat with one...
    but who knows... might look good when it comes to life

7. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I honesty don't even like the GTR front end that much. It looks like it's got some bawlz though.

8. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I think it looks pretty BA (we use that one at work, not unlike my BFF Jill, etc. :LOL:) except they need to beefen it up. It looks too much like a slightly lifted GT-R... so they need to add some substance to the concept and make it look more like an SUV. The Porsche Cayenne doesn't look like a lifted 911 or 997, it looks like an SUV.

Okay so they're going for crossover... who cares... that looks like it'd have as much interior room as the GT-R itself, and that's what's not appealing to me.

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

LOL...im not really liking it. the GT-R is a GT-R, making an SUV and slapping on the badge i think takes away from its heritage and what the GT-R really is; a race car.

10. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Looks like an inflated GT-R :err:.

11. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I really like the GT-R, but all these offsprings make it seem, well, less special.

12. IFx2Day

IFx2Day Member

LOL! when I saw the pictures i looked at the tires and saw
    INFINITI FX RIMS!
    im like lol

13. JAB1

JAB1 Member

haha, responses remind me of what everyone was saying when porshe came out with suv, and kind of what people said of fx. Im not crazy about the looks, but im all for a suv with gt-r power/suspension etc. I really just want a damn fx with the gtr motor!!!!!! Im all for it, but it needs to be infiniti, not nissan. call it a fx-r. fx needs alot mre performance to stay on top, hopefully the fx50 will not fall short, Im hoping for at least 450hp/400tq , and Ill start saving for it:top::top:

14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

If they just take the current gen FX with GT-R power that'd be sick. i dont think they should EVER discontinue our current gen FX...no doubt it honestly changed up teh SUV game.