Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 Grounding Gear 8 Cable Performance Series Grounding Kit

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Dr.2K, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    This is a repost of my earlier mod of this kit from the org. Could possibly help others here on the scene.

I recently added a grounding kit to my FX. It is from Gordon Gee and made specifically for the FX45. He does alot of these kits for the G35 and Z's. Here are some pictures.

This kit is the 8 cable performance series model made of 4 gauge cables with high quality solid copper terminals and oxygen free wire strands plated to resist oxidation.

finished1.jpg
    overview.jpg
    Cable1and6.jpg
    Cable4and5.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    ecu_enginebay.jpg
    ecu1.jpg
    ecu3.jpg
    tcu1.jpg
    Tranny.jpg
    finished2.jpg

My experience with the kit is so far very positive. It won't give you any real jolt in performance, but I feel it has made my FX much much smoother overall mechanically. The shifts are smoother in all gears and seems more responsive. The installation was pretty straight foward and not too difficult. The most difficult cable was the tranny as it was very....should I say clausterphobic under the FX with only the jack holding it up, lol, definately not for the faint of heart. Anyways, just thought I would share this mod for anyone interested in such a kit. Enjoy

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

so, Pierce... I emailed Gordee for a quote (price), but no response on this... you mind me asking how much you paid?

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    PM sent

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

:top:

yeah, and I think I'm gonna get a set of ramps to get that last wire for the tranny, instead of using a jack... I've been meaning to get a set anyway to get down there to clean the pipes...

5. chrisnathan

chrisnathan Member

SoCal
    Great write-ups! Definitely worth to try.