Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Gotta Love Stealerships...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mongolian, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

So... I took my car in for maintenance and was curious about how much it would cost to replace my window trim to the chrome ones found on FX45. My maintenance rep quoted me $2,400! Well, basically, the breakdown is: $1800 ish for the parts, and $600 for labor. lol. Talk about a rip off.

I am in the process of getting my trims replaced under warranty. Boy, do they look like crap. I think I'm gonna wait until my warranty runs out and just replace them myself.

I also got a quote for tire replacement and they quoted me $1,100 for all 4 tires. :eek:
    I thought that was quite expensive since I can probably get them for 400 dollars less, with lifetime free rotation, balancing, and free flat repair.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well they have to recoup the money from somewhere that was spent on fancy coffee machines and the free bottle of water.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

these guys are just unbelievable...:mad:

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

wait, you can get the trim replaced under warranty, but would rather do it yourself later just to have chrome ones?

personally, I like the black cuz it goes better with all the other black accents, but that's just me...

I think I saw a link in freshalloy.com of someone selling the chrome trim for a lot less... if you don't wanna risk doing it yourself, I'm sure a bodyshop can do it for a lot less

5. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    according to my dealer, the trim replacement is kinda delicate (easy to damage other trims etc.) so i suggest you get it replaced under warranty if you can.

the tire replacement is too much. fpr my ventus, my local tire pros charged me around $160 plus tax per tire including balance install and lifetime rotation (and balance i think). the rep also didnt push alignment with the install, he just peeked and told me it is not needed.

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I recently had my Black window trim replaced also under warranty. It looks so much better now- ;)

I agree with Ken - I think the black trim looks better on a black car, the chrome ones stand out too much....of course thats just my opinion & everyone has their own taste.

7. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Speaking of stealership... I just got back from the dealership for the headlight/taillight swap... They stole my old lights, which I don't know whether or not we're entitled to keep them since they're "defective." But what I just found later is that they replaced my LED DTRL and my stealth (silver) blinker bulbs with stock! Where the hell did my originals go???

I'll have to give them a call on Monday.

Also, with the bumper/grill change of '06, was the headlights changed as well? There's a quarter inch gap between the bumper and headlight on both, again, something I realized after further inspection. Wtf?

8. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

They've ordered my trim replacement. I suppose I can go in and get the black trim replaced under warranty whenever it looks ugly, but I will eventually change to chrome after warranty period runs out. I'll buy it directly from scottsdale infiniti and attempt to install myself

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

don't get me wrong, if my roof rails were silver and I had cleared tail lights and perhaps polished rims... I wouldn't mind the chrome trimming... but I have black rails, black wheels, and I smoked the tail lights so... I can't imagine having chrome trimming...

I have a client with a black FX35 with all black trimming except silver rails and it just looks weird

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have the "Sports" rails on my black - :frown:

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

still looks good with the clear tail lights and polished lips on the wheels tho :biggrin:

12. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

agreed. with the polished lip, tail lights, and silver roof rails it accents dark colors very well

13. So how is $1100 too much for 4 new tires if you are replacing OEM 20"? The RSAs are running about $240/each in 265/50/20. If you can get the same Good Years for 400 less then please show us where to find them at that price.

14. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    maybe not for goodyear oems, but if you are open to others like hankook ventus, i paid $155 plus tax, disposal, etc and includes everything then you can go below $800 for 4.

15. OP
    OP
    Mongolian

I am planning to try yokohama prada-x. I can get these for just over 700 with life time rotation, balancing, and flat repair.