Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Fx Towing

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by robb<35>, Feb 10, 2008.

1. whats the fx rated at for towing? im planing on buying 2 seadoos next month or a 20ft boat?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

not specific but ive read that seadoos are a go and the boat is out... something around 3k pounds dry max if im remembering correctly.. im sure youll have a better answer within an hour

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

seadoo's will be fine, but i dont think you could tow a boat. some guy over at the .org bought a range rover sport because of that problem.

4. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ouch eh, mayb i should sell the fx then ? :LOL: no way will i ever do that, i guess im going to have to get the seadoos then, thanks guys

5. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

if you really want a boat... just buy the lil aluminum dingy with a leaf blower sized outboard

6. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    :) I have 2 seadoos and a Yamaha

My 1200cc yamaha is the heaviest one i think then the 1500cc Super charged Seadoo RXP followed by my little Seadoo 3D...
    I only have a 2 jet ski trailer and a second single trailer. It sucks because i can't take them all at once with me without having to find a friend with a truck so i'm planning on getting a custom 3 jet ski trailer built but i'm scared that the FX can't handle it. I'll have air suspension by then and my motor can pull it okay but i think i'll need to get Big Brake upgrade because slowing down is a pain sometimes.

I really don't know about an FX towing a boat. I'm sure it can be done but it'll be a pain every time you have to do it.

2 jet skis on FX45 with eibach springs and 22" wheels
    IMG_6739.jpg
    IMG_6740.jpg
    IMG_6742.jpg

SkiJetJune24.jpg

I want to get this trailer custom built
    fronttrio.jpg

IMG_6775.jpg

IMG_6763.jpg

All stock FX45 with 2 jet skis
    IMG_6553.jpg

IMG_6556.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  7. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

wow those are nice pics, thats how mine is guna look like except with different wheels, and different seadoos :rofl:

8. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

NIce Pix as always iMotion!

What are the specs on your wheels?

9. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    Thanks man
    Symbolic wheels wrapped in Pirelli 265/40/22
    35 offset with 25mm spacers in the rear and 20mm spacers in the front

10. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

nicee man, those wheels are sweet, also are the seadoos hard to maintain? im planing on getting a rx-di or gtx something from 1999-2003, is there and issues with those seadoos?its carb i believe and not fuel injected

11. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    The only experience i have with jet skis are the ones i have right now. I started off with Yamahas in 1999 and i love them. The only problem i had with my GP1200 is when someone flip it over and didn't have the kill switch on. The motor stayed running and sucked up water from under the seat. At the time i had my Yamaha and my Seadoo RXP but i had to leave the Yamaha in the shop for over a year getting the motor rebuilt so i ended up buying the seadoo 3D. Now i'm stuck with 3 jet skis and i need a trailer big enough to hold them all...

The carb Yamaha sounds really mean and is hella fast. It has a low center of gravity making it real easy to do a lot of tricks. The only thing i had to do was flush water through it when i get home then wash and cover it. Winterize it in the fall and bring it back out in the spring. Watch out for the impeller in low water when you dock it anywhere other then on the trailer. It sucks water from the center at the very bottom and little rocks and sand with ding it up very bad. I had to get mine replace twice. About $500 each. The only thing thats a pain with the carbohydrate 2 stroke motors is making sure you have that oil tank filled up and have some more waiting in the trailer for you. It has more instant power but puts out more pollution. Its still my Favorite Ski.

The Seadoo RXP is 1500cc Super charged and fuel injected so this thing has some crazy bottom end power. If you nail the throttle from a dead stop you'll jump it out of the water. Its a crazy feeling. If you look at the pic i have of me riding it, that me nailing it from a deal stop on my second bounce. 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds. and tops out around 80mph. High center of gravity so its hard to do tricks with some on the back. On my yamaha i could do 360s with a passenger. Same maintenance as my yamaha... they're all pretty much the same maintenance. The dealer ship told me that this one is alot more high tech so if i flipped this one over with it running i'd be in a lot more trouble then when i flipped my Yamaha.

The Seadoo 3D is not made for long time uses in one day. You need to take some breaks. Its more for freestyleing and just plain playing around and will make you tired fast so have a bottle of gatoraid waiting for you on shore. It transforms into different positions and they all feel very different and unique.
    Go cart position really feels like you're in a go cart and is weird because you're so close to the water that you can reach your hand out and touch it. Its good for doing 360s and is hard to flip over in the position.
    Moto position feels like you're riding a dirt bike. you have to lean the turns like on a real bike and it handles great. Jumping wakes in the position is crazy. It takes time to get used to it though because you're sitting up high and its so light that you'll flip over really easily.
    Stand up position is the hardest of them all... You have nothing to hold on to other then the handle bars that are free-moving vertically. You have to lean into the turns far enough to make you feel like you're about to fall over. Its scary to lean that far but if you don't then you can't make your fast turn. You'd just flip over.

12. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

so other then regular maintanece they should be fine? the seadoo is about 130hp 950cc which is good enough for me, and i might get a yamaha as well, out of both of them which one would you say is the most reliable for a 2 stroke engine?

13. iMotionFX45

iMotionFX45 Member

Houston, TX
    Garages:
    I'd have to say the Yamaha is more reliable just based on the one i have and what i see at the dealership. When i drop off my Jet skis for maintenance i always hang out with the Mechanics in the back because there's always something new to look at like the 4 wheelers and choppers. I noticed more Seadoos parked outside then Yamahas and was told that its usually to get something fixed. The mechanics didn't tell me exactly what was getting done to them though. You can't go wrong with seadoo or yamahas.

The only Jet skis that i see a lot of problems with a Kawasaki. I've never known anyone keep one for more then a year.