Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Our members experience ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

3.5L FX Slips in to neutral when driving,or doesnt change gears? HELP

Discussion in 'QX70 Engine & Drivetrain' started by Mr Fx, May 30, 2013.

1. Mr Fx

Mr Fx Member

NEW YORK CITY
    Garages:
    When driving at 20 or below mph when pressing pedal i am getting high rpm and not shifting properly whats the problem?

*Registered members do not see ads, register today!

2. PMG 705

PMG 705 Staff Moderator

Chi-town
    FX
    You'll have to be a bit more descriptive.. Is it actually in neutral or on a higher gear and thus slow to respond? Does it eventually downshift or go in gear? Is it a rough switch etc...

TapaTalkin'

3. Mr Fx

Mr Fx Member

NEW YORK CITY
    Garages:
    Slow to respond, and down shifts hard as well when stopping.

4. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    Check transmission fluid level?

5. neva4self

neva4self Member

Queens, NY
    2009 FX50
    Garages:
  6. Fire0nic3FX

Fire0nic3FX Member

Car needs a software update like what neva4self said
    But its not actually shifting into neuetral. If that were the case you have a really serious problem lol

7. 2010fx35

2010fx35 Member

Oregon
    2010 Fx35
    I had the same problem about a month ago. I was just driving and it felt like the car couldn't find its gear and was in neutral. Accelerating just rose the RPMS. I tired manual shifting into gears but nothing happened so I had to pull over, tried moving the shifter up to park and back down to drive but nothing happened until i turned the car completely off and back on. It hasn't happened yet after getting the updates like people suggested. I also had rough shifting and it feels a lot better now. Also someone mention to me it was like a fail safe for the car. Pretty scary when it happens I was lucky i was on a local street.

8. neva4self

neva4self Member

Queens, NY
    2009 FX50
    Garages:
    No prob. Mr FX unfortunately most of us with the early model 2nd Gens have had this issue and most have had it dramatically improve with the ecm/tcm update. As a matter of fact the updates are different and not as current for the FX50 and I still get a ridiculously uncomfortable harsh downshift when I brake super hard while traveling at high speeds. I hear the FX35's most current update addresses most of the shift response issues though. Good luck with it.

9. Fire0nic3FX

Fire0nic3FX Member

hope you get it sorted!

10. Mr Fx

Mr Fx Member

NEW YORK CITY
    Garages:
    Thanks everyone i am going to get this update as soon as possible. Best community on infinitiscene hands down!!!!!:good::iS::smile (2):

11. 148blast

148blast Member

2010 FX35 AWD
    Phil
    Mr Fx - any update on this? Have you had any issues since 2013? My 2010 FX did the same thing the other day (engine would rev but car would not accelerate) and wondering how you resolved this. Thanks!

12. 2010fx35

2010fx35 Member

Oregon
    2010 Fx35
    Before my incident I got my ecu updated due to rough shifts. And about four months ago it happened again. Fluid levels are good and all.

13. 148blast

148blast Member

2010 FX35 AWD
    Phil
    Thanks for the reply! So it's still happening and no idea what's causing it?

How often does it happen now?