Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX Rear toe and camber kits.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by rookie, Jul 5, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

With all the suspension work being done we were able to test fit some G/Z pieces to the FX. The off the shelf toe bolt kit will fit the FX rear, the off the shelf camber kit will not fit the FX rear.

Side by side comparison of the toe adjustment bolts. Left is OEM right is SPC.
    spc_toe_bolt_01.jpg

Another angle.
    spc_toe_bolt_02.jpg

Adjustment washer showing the difference in max points.
    spc_toe_bolt_03.jpg

Not for the camber in the rear. We thought it would fit no problem, until we notched the subframe and pushed the same toe/camber bolt kit in. Our sub frame is about 1/2" thicker than the G and Zs. Currently working on getting longer bolts and having them milled to fit the cam washer. These toe/camber bolt kits should allow for an additional +/- 2 degrees.

Will post pictures of the toe and camber adjustment points when I get a chance to. FX is in the shop for some work and we'll be taking apart most of the suspension.

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Viet... Sounds great.

Can't wait to see your progress on this. Keep us in the loop

3. OP
    OP
    rookie

Here's a picture of the FX rear subframe. Red circles are the camber point. Black circle is one of the toe points. Will do a thread with the differences between the G/Z and the FX suspension configurations and what vehicle we can actually borrow parts from. ;)

FX_Toe_Camber_Points_01.jpg

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    rookie

Got the bolts, need to take them to get machined down for the washers. Camber correction here we come. Discovered some more differences between the G/Zs and us as well. :shame:

Comparison pics. Stock toe bolt, camber bolt is the same deal just a little longer. Toe kit and the new longer bolt needed to fit correctly.
    spc_toe_bolt_04.jpg

Attached Files:

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I must say Viet..patience is a virtue and boy you have plenty of it. As well the determination to see all this thru every piece by piece. My hats off to you bro!:)

6. OP
    OP
    rookie

lol, I used to not have this much patience. And in reality..... I really miss my FX whenever it is at a shop for work. I've been extremely lucky that 95% of the time the work is for changes not fixes.

I will finish this thing. :)

7. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

nice dude. How many sets of these did you have fabbed up? Can I buy a set from you?

8. OP
    OP
    rookie

I ordered 8 bolts having all 8 machined down for the cam washer. I should have a few extras, but the washer is from the SPC kit, that is another hurdle to get over. It's almost best to buy the SPC kit and use the extended bolts, cause the SPC kit has the correct style nut and comes with the cam washers.

9. OP
    OP
    rookie

Camber bolts are ready. Cost for the bolts from bolt depot was like 2.00 each shipped, the milling for the cam washer is going to cost 5.00 each bolt.

I'm in Santa Fe for the week, will take pictures and stuff when I get back. :)

10. good job viet! awaiting the pics.

11. OP
    OP
    rookie

Here is the off the shelf SPC toe kit installed.
    spc_toe_bolt_05.jpg

Better pics of the camber points.

FX_Toe_Camber_Points_02.jpg

FX_Camber_point_01.jpg

Attached Files:

12. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

rookie is that a new sway in the back? or is it just painted...i think its the sway bar, the blue thing

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  13. OP
    OP
    rookie

Stock sway and brackets were powder coated blue. Front sway got the same treatment too.

14. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

looks good;)

15. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Purchased my toe and camber bolt kits last night. Let me know when/how to pay you for the bolts. I'm not in any hurry at all.

16. OP
    OP
    rookie

Very cool. DO you have a recent or your last alignment sheet? If so can you post the rear data?

17. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

They never gave me an alignment printout at the dealer last time. I may actually have a problem installing the new camber bolt on my Left side. THe infiniti tech showed me last time that the little ridge that the offset washer sits against was mangled. At first he wanted me to buy a whole new replacement(which has to be expensive considering the sheer size of that peice of aluminum). Then the head tech came over and looked and decided to move it as far as he could and then bolt it down really hard. Not sure what can be done this time.

When I go to get this done, I'll report the results.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  18. OP
    OP
    rookie

Any idea how it got mangled? Was it the camber point or the toe point?

19. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Camber. The first alignment I had done. EIther the mechanic mangled it himself, or it happened because he didn't tighten the bolt enough and it was able to move a bit.

20. OP
    OP
    rookie

The cam washer is the same size, the max point is just moved over to allow the extra few degrees. If the current bolt/nut is ok, than this should be ok as well.