Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] FX meets another Hater; my own mom =(

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by brown_fv, Aug 8, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Another sad post for me. at the end of the month we are moving so this morning my mom, my dad and my dads friend took some boxes to our storage place. since everything didnt fit in my dads M, my mom being the kind person that she is decided it would be perfectly fine to fill up the trunk of my FX and take the stuff to storage (right now she is without a car till this weekend or the next). usually i dont care when she takes it because she is pretty safe...but if she wants to go somewhere i usually drive her.

well long story short after i wake up and they are back i had to go to home-depot because i am painting the kitchen cabinets before the viewing for our home starts at the end of the week. i get into the garage and find my mom parked wayy to close and the bumper was right up against a corner of a desk and theres a HUGE dent on the left side of the bumper! i have to admit i was FURIOUS but hey im not one to snap on my mom cuz shes too nice lol so i just asked her about it and she said 'oh what can you do' (typical bullshit comment said in my house too often). maybe because it was so hot outside the dent just popped out while i was driving (our front bumper is plastic after all), but there is still a decent amount of paint damage.

yay! other than still having to repair and paint the passanger side of my car now i can paint and/or replace the front bumper too :frown::frown::frown:

once university starts ill have no time to fix this and im so busy packing and getting ready to move to our new house i dont know when ill have the time to fix it...driving around in damaged goods isnt fun :frown:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I feel ya. My wifey also doent like the idea of parking 20 extra feet away for an end spot. Frustrating. When we park, I gotta look & do it quick, otherwise an argument brews.:confused: & when it comes to valet, I have to scan the street even quicker

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I hear you B, driving your FX when you know something is out of whack is just soo dam irritating. I had this happen twice with a hit and run when it was parked early last year. Damage was minimal but an eye sore so I had to take it in right away to get it fixed because it was just too painful. Good luck with getting it repaired.

4. I tell my girl if she doesn't want to walk because I'm parked far far away from everybody then she's got the following options:

1) I drop her off at the front of the store first
    2) She needs to drive next time in her car
    3) She can pay the bill when I fix all the dings from PDR
    4) She can wait in the parking lot and guard my car from assholes while I do my shopping

5. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Uh . . right there, that sounds like 4 arguments waiting to happen. I try to be more more strategic in relationship planning. Last thing you want is the old saying "you love the car more than me". How do you truthfully respond to that!:err:

6. r0bert0e

r0bert0e Member

"Honey, your absolutely right. I'm sorry."

7. There are certain things I'm very laid back about and my car isn't one of them. It pisses me off to no end when the person next to you can't respect your property and put a nice round dent in your door just because they got lazy and careless for a split second. I worked hard for my money to buy nice things. If I can't change the behavior of those around me then I have no choice but to be so OCD about it.

My gf calls my car the other bitch. She says I spend more time with it than with her. She may be right but she was made aware of this when we first got together. She also experienced first hand of why I am the way I am. One time she took my car out and while parked and an old lady in a POS cadillac decided to swing her 2 ton door into my 350Z. The total damage from the "door ding" came out to be $450 dollars. We never had an issue about this subject afterwards.

8. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

think fast! YOUR GIRLFRIEND/WIFE OR THE FX? ;):LOL::cool: lol

depending on the girl i'd probably take my FX:wub::rofl:

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Why is it always a damn Cadillac ?!? :p