Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Fx bumper damage !

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by robb<35>, Mar 11, 2008.

1. today i was on my way back from work and some fuck decided to be a hero and reverse out of her driveway mario andretti styles,:mad: i swerved out of the way and hit a snowbank, just my luck with this fx, 1st my car gets broken into, then i get my bumper hit, then my back bumper gets hit, and now this? was it meant to be , how much would a new bumper cost me?im getting it fixed and is costing me $400 with bodywork and paint is that a good price? heres the results not to pretty :frown:

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Wow, I feel bad. I'm sorry that happened to you and that you have had bad luck with your FX. I'm sure after you fix it you will have better luck.

I had a lot of bad luck with my first new car I bought years ago. So I know how you feel right now.

$400.00 does not sound bad at all. So is the Mario Andretti wanna be going to pay for damages? I sure hope so.

Hope you have a better day.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    OUCH! That loooks like it was a really hard hit. sorry
    But for $400- I would be curious what kind of job you're gonna get done. Bumper cover alone is $300-, & that's not for an OEM new part. Looks like there's more damage than the cover alone. There is stuff behind it too, like supports, & possible frame work to get done.
    Did you check the fenders too. The bumper being flush with the side fenders can cause the fender to buckle under pressure. Check to see if the clearcoat has hairline cracks on the lip of the fender by the plastic moulding.

5. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  6. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    whoever fixes that for $400 is going to fix the cover, that's crap, don't even think about doing that, like doc said paint & install is around $300-$350, $400 on the high side, plus a new cover.. that splash shield don't look too hot either, but that could be delt with later too I guess... I'd run from any shop that even suggests you fix that for $400, maybe if it was a 15 year old chevy:err:

7. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Oh man I cringed when I saw that and felt like it was my own for a second.

I hope you were able to track 'Mario' down and get her to help out.

Like I always say though, it's better to have all the bad luck over at once. Makes room for all the good luck to come through. ;)

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    & after you get it fixed, it'll be good as new . . & you wont even think about it anymore.

9. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye very true, the bumper cover from that site says add also $150 freight soo add that on $255 , on top of paint and labour mayb another $250, this guy is a close friend of mine and has been working on all of our cars, hes very good, he has to take off the bumper and then he said hes going to look for any more damage if there is obviously the price will go up, the sheild at the bottom is cracked and thats $140 to get fixed, and no the bitch is not paying for this, the reason why im going to get it fixed is because he said he can fix it and im low on cash and i dont wana be driving it like that, but he said no 1 wouldnt even noticed it was hit so i will post pics on friday when its done, the bitch drove off while i got out to check my car, and after the high speed chase to get her she was gone, i went to the house, where the guy said '' no theres no car of that type'' and thats where i flipped out

10. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ya for sure ,thanks guys, always got the support from all the is members, so pretty much i told him to go and fix it, hes going to take off the bumper repaint it, even the plastic pieces i want them all black instead of that plastic, but ya $400 is that too pricey for the work? or what

11. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

what to do :confused:

12. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

If $400 will make you happy with the results (hopefully), that's all that matters.

Sometimes I find my self saying 'F-it, I just want it fixed!'

13. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

ye i honestly just had to go , seeing my baby like that was no good, i need a drink tonight lol, but ya, he said it will look like brand new and no1 would tell the difference, and if im not happy, he will put a brand new bumper free of charge, so i'll post pics this friday

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I wasnt aware that the plastic bumper can be repaired

15. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Daaaaaamn...that sucks man sorry to hear. definitely took a beating hopefully your ride will be back up and running soontime. id be fukcin pissed if that happened to me.

did you check to see if your fog lights work? if it doesnt you might need to get it replaced also...

16. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Take the police to that house. Then I'm sure they will know where she is at. That is hit and run.

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    if the guys a friend it can be fixed for $400, I would rather have a new bumper, but, in the end, the bumper cover is disposable to a certain extent & no matter how or what, could always be replaced at a later date if $$$ is the issue... I guess I could fix that to be decent, but to me it's almost like a wasted $400, I mean it gets you by, but the bumper cover repair is kind of a wasted effort to me to a certain extent, I mean the paint & labor would be much better spent on a new one that could be considered a more permanent & perfect repair, in the end you'r not hurting anything by fixing it though really...

18. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    ah, he's charging you $400 WITH painting ALL the lower plastics?

19. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

yup sort of a favor for a favor thing, i did work for him in the past so now at least hes doing me the favor

20. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

Is that snow on your fogs or did it get damaged as well? .. Sorry bout your FX man.