Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Fujita CAI

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by FX_Allen, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Has anyone here used fujita intakes for their FX35? curious to how well it performs... thx ;)

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I think some people on the .org tried it...i think its like the injen intake.

3. OP
    OP
    FX_Allen

FX_Allen Member

is that good or bad? more HP with more mpg or loss of mpg

4. brown_fv

Gains will probably be similar to other intakes, although that particular intake has no heat shield at all...MPG should go up because the engine breathes better, although if you drive harder it obviously wont go up :LOL:. id shoot a PM over to da mayor...i believe he used to have the injen intake (same design as fujita) on his FX35 before he sold it...maybe he can tell you a bit about his experiance with it.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    FX_Allen

FX_Allen Member

Curious... but if i get the SRI (it has no box) Will there be any consequences in the rain?

6. brown_fv

you will have no problems because the SRI is too far up for any water to get into contact with the filter...that would only happen with a CAI but the newer ones have "bypass filters" or whatever to help eliminate water getting into the intake tube.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Yes, if you drive around with no hood on......

No issues Allen. many FX'ers are running SRI - not to mention all the other types of cars. Plus when does it really rain here in So Cal??? Like 3x times a year?

8. OP
    OP
    FX_Allen

FX_Allen Member

HAHA UR SMART PSCLINE

but thx... tho... and yea never rains... cool FUJITA HERE WE COME! after new years i will order... ^_^

9. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

yup, like everyone has said so far...you shouldn't have any problems. I live in Vancouver and it rains here 9/10 days and my engine bay doesn't even get dirty from the rain:LOL:

10. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    just got mine and installed it earlier. the rubber hose to connect the pipe to the throttle body is a pain to install. i end up using the stock hose and clamps. the fit is not as perfect, but was able to tighten everything. i already started and did a little driving and it seems ok. this should be ok right? anyone else using fujita and able to use the supplied hose?

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I think FX_Allen is the only one using the Fujita.....he might be able to answer your question:err:

12. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    thanks. the silicone hose is smaller vs the stock rubber hose. but it looks like the whole thing is secure in its place.

13. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Sometimes heating up the silicone or using a little dishsoap can help get it on.

14. OP
    OP
    FX_Allen

FX_Allen Member

dont heat the silicone

its a pain in the ass... but i got it on... i can help u out fujita gave me a quick installer tool for it...

u should put the hose on the manifold clamp it and then install the intake into the hose... the intake mf should be a hair thin spaced from the intake... = )

15. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    i guess ill try again with a little grease (acc to fujita). if not, ill get a slightly larger hose.

16. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    What happens if you do?

17. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    curious about that too.

a noob question here. any grease should be ok? i got a little dielectric grease around here.

18. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    I haven't heard of using grease but I have heard of using a tiny bit of dish soap to help slide it on. After awhile the dish soap will completely dry leaving a non greasy surface.

19. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    ok the grease didnt work. i left the stock hose for now since it works. allen, let me know if i can borrow that tool to install it. ill also look for something cone shaped to stretch that stubborn hose before installing again. any other ideas?

20. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :hmmmm2::hmmmm::dontknow: he can't seem to be found man.