Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Front Axel (CVT Joint)

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by HumbertoCALI, Oct 30, 2007.

1. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Well I got the bad news from Glendale Infiniti.

I had this problem since I bought the car about a year and half ago and I could never figure out what the problem was. About a year ago I had the same incident and Infiniti replaced the entire axle and arm from the front driver side and I thought it was fixed. Mind you I told them that the noise came from the Front Passenger side and not the front driver side.

I found out that they replaced the Driver Side instead of the Passenger side. Yet, about 3 months ago I went to complain again about the noise. Mind you I am no expert on how the AWD set up goes on any car. Nevertheless, I spoke to George of Santa Monica Infiniti and he told me that the noise and the repair that might be needed will not be covered due to the lowering of the FX.

On Saturday after my first run I went to get some lunch for the guys and made a left hand U turn and heard something pop on the passenger side. I always assumed that the noise that my FX was making was due to the Eibach Springs that I installed. The front coil had an additional coil cut to give it a more lower aggressive stance that I wanted and in order to keep in place I had to improvise and fasten the lower part of the spring with 2 clamps. I just thought that the spring popped out and that I should be fine when I got back to the speedway.

The noise just got worse and worse every 10 to 15 feet until my friend Leo told me to pull over because we were not going to make it. I looked under the my FX and noticed that there was axle grease all over the wheel well. UGhh

So my issue now is that Glendale Infiniti will not honor the manufacture warranty due to modification of my suspension. They tell me that since the FX is lower than usual, their is added stress to the CVT joint and the FX was not designed to be driven at a stressful angle. He tells me in order for it to be functional the CVT joint should have a zero degree of stress. The joint is meant to flex up and down but not to be flexed all of the time. This alone voids the warranty.

He tells me that the repair will cost me 2,200.00.

I called Rookie and Dr2K and they both recommended me to call Techno Square. I will see what will happen...

Thanks guys for you help and for your encouraging words...

I still am trying to get over this and am seriously considering in getting a different car until the new FX comes out..

Thanks again. By the way if there is anyone that would like to chime in on this issue let me know.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Like I said Humberto, get a list of the parts and price and go get a second opinion on exactly what is needed to be replaced and what is not. A lot of times the dealer will just run up parts (and the cost of those parts) that really does not need replacement. TS and LMS should give you a fair estimate on what exactly is needed. Give them a call and also talk to Joe and see if the price the dealer quoting you is the correct list price. Good luck with this Bert I feel you pain.

3. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I spoke with Perry and he is a Class Act.

He arranged for towing, a loaner car and a great price for the estimated repair. LMS is 57% cheaper than the Stealership. The quote that LMS gave me is based upon what the Stealership had deemed to be necessary to repair and Perry thinks that there are some items that will not be necessary to repair. Only time will tell.

But thanks Pierce, Min and Viet for you phone calls today....

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Good to hear Berto. Now get that thing fixed so I can whoop you some more on the track :p:LOL: jk bro.

5. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    One day... One day.. Man..

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1
    Perry will tell ya like it is - no blowing smoke up ur a$$.
    I havent had any problems with LMS. Been very happy with them.

Lemme know when your gonna be there Bert - I have the afternoon off on Thursday and Maybe I can meet you there for lunch (in my neck of the woods).

Hope everything works out for ya bro.....

+1 with Docs comment - I want some of that FX54 also. I think me and you would be a closer race.......:confused:

7. See Humberto, things are getting better already! :) props to Perry for sure! When are you going to LMS? I might cruise over there if you are going tomorrow. My parents will be with my brother so I should be free.

And yes, Will vs Hum-B I want to see it!!!!!! :)

8. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    damnnn 'berto...sorry to hear about your FX. it must suck to have your ride on crutches. :shame:

9. damn sorry to hear about thisb, e hope you get your car fixed asap. I had a little incident with the driver side..they replaced mines also and wen i went to install my eibachs the guy had a hard time taking off the stock spring...he literally had to pry it off. then wen i was installing my stb, the drivers side wouldnt even screw in right we had to force it on. just my 2 cents....

keep us updated.....

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

DAmn that really sucks 'Berto, hope you are up and running again soon. costly repair thought...

11. Tkrtape3

Tkrtape3 Member

Sounds like it's gonna get fixed..hope all works out.It sucks we love these things so much when it's down your down.All will be well.

Tkr

12. jc'sfx

jc'sfx Premium Member Premium

it's a good thing you got friends on the scene to help you out in a time of need .... :)

13. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

+1

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It seems like you've had some bad luck lately, good to get it all out of the way all at once I say to make room for all the good luck that'll come.

14. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

Yes JC. It's good to have firends that are there to help out.

I just got to my office and LMS is a class act.

Steve (Owner) took care of me and he was really cool and gave me an even better quote.. He asked me what took me so long to use his services. While I am there I will finish off some mods that are on my long list.

The loaner is not that bad. ;);). Lexus never look soo bad on me. Yet, I can 't complain. With all of the driving I do, it's good to know that I was able to get a loaner at no cost.

It seems that I will only have to replace the Axel and that is it. It sould run me about $475 for the whole thing includind labor:eek:

Very cool..

Thanks again Pierce, Will, Min and Viet.

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Glad its all working out better for you Humberto. Steve will take good care of you.

16. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    It just got a bit better for me... Final price out the door.... $389.00 WOW

Very cool.. TC will go in also...

17. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Right on! You picking it up today?

18. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    No.. I will drop off the TC romorrow morning and pick it up by 6pm ....

19. wow wat a good deal. do you mind me asking were lms is?

20. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Luxury Motor Sports, Inc.
    227 West Chestnut Avenue
    Monrovia, California 91016
    Telephone: 626-256-4849
    Fax: 626-358-2165
    Hours of operation: Monday – Friday 8:00am To 5:00pm PST