Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Forged Wheels...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by brown_fv, Jul 26, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Alright guys, ive come to the conclusion tonight i will want to keep my FX, which means basically i have a long list of mods i need to catch up on (exhaust, pulley, springs, RIMS, F/I next year)

Well anyways, im looking into getting forged wheels (or rims; however you wanna call it). here are a few pics of the type of look i am looking for..

iForged Classic:
    [​IMG]

DPE LS 5:
    [​IMG]

DPE RO7 Variant S:
    6-1.jpg

Which company do you think has a better rep and can get me what i want? I have heard some mixed stories with people dealing with iForged. Price is also a huge factor for me, i am hoping to not spend upwards of $4000.00 for a set, Is that possible or just unrealistic? If i am looking for something within that price range, is there any other brands i should be looking at other than iForged and DPE?

My next question/concern...running staggered with AWD. I want to run something like 20x8.5 in the front and either 20x9.5 or 20x10 in the rear. These rims would only be used in the summertime as i would use stock rims in the winter so would this affect the AWD system?

thanks for any help/advice you have.

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Great choices brown! And happy to hear your keeping the FX. When I purchased my iforged actually my first choice was the DPE LS 5, except at the time they didn't offer chrome lips only polished. So I went with the iforged.

I have also heard mixed stories about iforged but if you goto a good dealer they will take good care of you. Look in my iforged thread and call supremepower and ask for Eric. They can get you iforged or DPE as they are a dealer for both. Look on their site as they are dealers for a lot of wheel companies.

The price for 3 piece forged wheels gets expensive. But since you are going with 20's and not 22's it will bring down the cost. But you have to remember to include the cost of new tires too. Also, two piece may have better pricing. But I believe you will spend somewhere between 3-4k for the wheels.

You can get a staggered setup and not worry about the AWD system of the FX. I have a set of 19" nismo LMGT4 track wheels that are staggered and have had no issue with the AWD system. The setup is 19x8.5 +25 285/45-19 about 19lbs for the front and 19x9.5 +30 295/45-19 for the rear about 20lbs. So no worries here.

I really like the variant S. I think those will be the new wheels for my next car. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2007
  3. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

hey doc, is there a reason why you went with the chrome lip instead of polished?

what is the difference between a 3-piece and 2-piece wheel? are there any drawback with going with a 2-piece design?

Thanks

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Chrome is..... well chrome, lol. It is MUCH easier to keep clean and it really shines! Poilsh lips look dull after a short time and it tends to scratch very easily and it will never shine like chrome! But chrome lips do cost more then polished.

Not a whole lot of difference between 2 and 3 piece wheels in design and function except that 3 piece wheels are lighter. No real functional drawbacks with 2 piece wheels. Some very nice wheels only come in 2 piece.

5. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

well if the chrome lip is nicer and easier to maintain i guess i will go with that.

as for color, i was thinking flat black with the chrome lip. i think that will look good on my FX as everything is midnight blue (paint), black (plastic moldings, roof rails, part of side mirrors, etc), and chrome (grille, handles, lower lip thing, etc).

anyone else with a color suggestion?

6. sckent

sckent Member

that color is very good looking especially in person;)

7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Did you check out Lebron's iforged 20's in flat black? That will give you an idea of the color. As for other choices with midnight blue I would suggest silver, chrome, brushed, anthracite, gun metal are all good choices.