Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] First external stitches (lil bloody)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frankiago, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Got stitches before on my gums when wisdom teeth were pulled, but nothing on bare skin. I was walkin around in our lil room, some guys were working up on a box mounted to the ceiling. They were tracing out a ground, and a retarded co-worker of mine put what's called a battle lantern up there, but didn't secure it to anything... just kinda propped it up there on a bar or two. I guess someone who was doin some work put his dig-it tool (Gerber, multi-purpose tool) with the knife pulled out ontop of this battle lantern, rested it up there.

Someone must've bumped it or it just finally gave way and fell off of where it was sitting and came crashing down on my head.

I dropped all my papers and fell to my knees and grabbed my head like wtf??? And then I looked at my hand, it was covered in blood, so I thought "ohhh shit this could be bad."

I walked my ass over to medical (up and down several flights of stairs, quite a journey when bleeding from your head) with someone walkin with me incase somebody wanted to give me crap for not wearing a damn hat.

Got to medical and this douche-bag officer bitched me out about not wearing my hard hat. The hard hat is for the shipyard environment, where I was there were no shipyard workers present and it was just us Navy folk doing work in there JUST as we would if we were out to sea or ANYWHERE outside of the shipyard really. So instead of arguing I just said whatever and went to go get evaluated by a non-douche bag.

4 stitches and lots of blood loss later, here's what it looks like:

View attachment 135345
    View attachment 135347

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks pretty bad Cube. But glad you were able to get it taken care of. Now go get some time off.

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    F**k.. That suck man..

There is nothing like someone telling you what you did wrong when you are covered in Blood and wanting help..

I F***ing hate that.... So here is another bit of advice.. Put on you hard hat..:LOL::LOL:;):p

Like Doc said: "get some time off" and I hope you get better soon..

Yumm Meds...

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Dude!!! That's one bloody crack. OUCH!
    Feel better

5. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    No time off... and they only gave me MOTRIN. We call that "vitamin M" here in the Navy because the Navy medical field tends to think it's the cure-all.

I wasn't wearing a hard-hat b/c there's not supposed to be knives balancing on teeter-tottering light fixtures, regardless if we're in the shipyard or not, and especially not in the room I was in. If I was wearing a hard-hat, it would have then deflected and who knows, the knife may have stabbed me in the shoulder or worse, back of my neck.

And that's exactly what I thought Berto, I had blood coming from my head, I didn't need this douche telling me it's my fault when it wasn't. He's a lil Lieutenant, the person who made the rule that hard hat and safety glasses are not required in many spaces including the one I was in is a Captain. Of course he won't talk to the Cap'n like that, the Cap'n has way more human-being points than I do (a lil explanation my co-workers and I came up with to answer the question of why a lot of things in the Navy work the way they do).

Oh and the Commanding Officer drives a 2006 FX45 and a Viper :p

6. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Glad I didn't work in medical when I was in the Navy :wub::wub:

7. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Ouch! That sucks! And LOL at that douche talking sh!t to you while you were bleading from your head WTF!

Hope you are feeling better now!

8. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Cube you are right the is the military cure all for most injuries. You'll get that long before quarters are given. Hope you feel better.

9. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Damnnn that looks serious...hope you feel better and the pain goes away. those guys are way too serious trying to lecture you when your bleeding...assholes

when i was 4 or 5 i was jumping on my moms bed and "fell" and i smashed my head on a table next to the bed...that gave me a good 8 stitches i think. another time i was wrestling at my friends place when i was 11 or 12 and smashed my head into one of those heaters that come out of the wall lol

10. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:

I have had tons of stitches

fell off the oven when I was 5.
    flipped off the couch when I was 6
    walked around my house blindfolded when I was 9 and jumped on my bed and smashed my forehead on the headboard.
    banged the top of my head in elementary school on one of those a/c's that hang out of the window.
    flipped over my handle bars when I was a teen using only the front brakes.
    cut my wrist open snowboarding.

fun times:biggrin::biggrin:

11. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    Ahahaah sorry Jeff I laughed through most of those. The flipping off the couch one brings back a ton of memories lol...

12. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

At least your gona have a really cool scar!! ;)

Glad your ok man!

13. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Thankfully it's not worst, now go outside and ask some cute nurse (or any other cute girl) to kiss your boo-boo, it'll make you feel better ;)

14. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

LOL yeah i laughed at those too haha..i never tried flipping off a couch but i tried doing a front flip in gym class and landed on my neck/back...i got knocked the F*** out and was winded for god knows how long lol

15. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Yes . . but not the head with the stitches ;)

16. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    If by nurse you mean the average Navy medical corpsman... noooo thanks.

I get plenty of sympathy from my peeps back in Chicago, but no love here (VA) :mad:

17. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    My buddy told me I have to spice up the story so I can get some sympathy love from females... he gave me 3 criteria:

Must include a fire
    Must include a fat black chick (don't ask)
    Must include a donkey (again, don't ask)

So here it is:
    Aight so I was fighting this raging fire that started from something wedged inside a motor. We come to find out it's size 11X panties with pictures of donkey from Shrek on it. We finally got the only chick who fits that ridiculous size, this black chick named Lakeisa to own up to it.

Anyhow, when I fought the fire, it raced up the wall and engulfed most of the ceiling in flames. Molten debris and clouds of smoke and ash were everywhere, couldn't see past my nose, but I continued on.

Just then I heard a large metal snapping sound. I remembered there was a catwalk off to the side where I heard the snap, and my boy Steve yelled for help because he got pinned by the metal grating. I rush over there, stumbling over everything in my way, and eventually get to him. I pull the grates off of him, and that releases more of the catwalk which swings down and knocks my hard hat off. The rest of the catwalk gives and tumbles down ontop of me, Steve just barely made it out. The fires are creeping closer and closer, so I desperately reach for the CO2 bottle I can feel against my legs, but I feel so weak and tired from the concussion and blood loss from this gash on my scalp.

I muster enough strength to push most of the catwalk grating off of me and grab the CO2 bottle and extinguish enough of the fire to buy me some time. I yell for help, but I hear no response. It's at this point I know I'm all alone, and whatever I have to do, needs to happen now. So I slide my legs out from under the grating I couldn't push off, and start heading for the fire hose reel. I unravel the hose and start dousing the fire.

The fire eventually goes out and I go to the compartment where my buddies were and they're all passed out from smoke inhalation

I single handedly carry each of them up the 4 flights of stairs and to safe, fresh air.
    All but one.

I left Lakeisa behind.
    With my diminished strength, I could not heave her up the stairs

Every December 11th, we will honor her passing. The funeral was a sad one, held on the flight deck of the ship last week. I had to look her parents in the eyes and tell them there was nothing I could do for their baby and I am sincerely sorry for their loss.
    I shed but a lone tear, it is an event that will be with me for the rest of my life.

What did he have to say? Just this:

it was perfect

needs an oompa loompa on a skateboard though

18. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Cube - I think you have found your calling bro - the Hollywood writers are still on strike, maybe you can write for Heroes and LOST. ;)

19. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

just remember
    chicks dig scars... at least thats what my friend with one leg tells me

20. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Is this your friend?
    DSCN1616.jpg DSCN1615.jpg

Attached Files: