Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Finished iPod Touch Mod

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Hazemonster, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

Greetz,

I installed an iPod Touch mod on my 2005 non tech FX35 that I thought you guys might like to see. Basically I cut a hole in the bezel surrounding my screen, and hot glued an Apple AV composite cable. I ran the wires under the shifter plate and into the console, where I had pre-created RCA cables that then ran to the PAC NIS device. The sound is fully integrated into the factory system, and when the LCD screen is up, I can show the video there. It also plays to the rear flip up LCD that I installed in the back of the console, where the factory dvd player would go.

Photos here: http://www.hazemonster.com/itouchfx/

Video: YouTube- Ipod Touch Mod

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Car:
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Awesome, love you're documentaries. But why all the screen hitting :mad:

done deal! . . ya I watched it all the way through
    Billy Joel? I like "New York State of Mind"

3. OP
    OP
    Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

??

I am confused. Screen hitting? Mad face?

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Car:
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    The pop up screen. Seems like it's out of align. Do you have to handle it on open & close? That's what I meant.
    Mad face, cuz it's a great mod, but must be a PITA if it doesnt work without having to touch it all the time. COMPRENDE?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

oh..i get it.

The only way to get the speaker grill to work...was to use a "spider trap door" like setup. I have the speaker velcroed to a plastic hinge...which is then velcroed to the top of the radio. I don't "have" to pop it...i usually just guide it with my hand, so the back part doesn't "catch" the lip. Since I didn't do it..I had to pop it. As far as closing...MOST times it will go right in there perfectly. Of course when I video taped it..it was off by a touch...and I had to "help" it.

Otherwise..it is a pretty cool mod. Friends can't believe I mounted all that where a speaker once was. The flip up lcd in the back of the console is nice for the backseat riders....they get to watch too!

Thanks for the kind words.

Haze:)

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I'm diggin this mod - but I still havent gotten my iPod kit for the car! Great job Haze

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Car:
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Once again, very nicely done Haze.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.