Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Finished iPod Touch Mod

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Hazemonster, Oct 24, 2007.

1. Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

Greetz,

I installed an iPod Touch mod on my 2005 non tech FX35 that I thought you guys might like to see. Basically I cut a hole in the bezel surrounding my screen, and hot glued an Apple AV composite cable. I ran the wires under the shifter plate and into the console, where I had pre-created RCA cables that then ran to the PAC NIS device. The sound is fully integrated into the factory system, and when the LCD screen is up, I can show the video there. It also plays to the rear flip up LCD that I installed in the back of the console, where the factory dvd player would go.

Photos here: http://www.hazemonster.com/itouchfx/

Video: YouTube- Ipod Touch Mod

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Awesome, love you're documentaries. But why all the screen hitting :mad:

done deal! . . ya I watched it all the way through
    Billy Joel? I like "New York State of Mind"

3. OP
    OP
    Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

??

I am confused. Screen hitting? Mad face?

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    The pop up screen. Seems like it's out of align. Do you have to handle it on open & close? That's what I meant.
    Mad face, cuz it's a great mod, but must be a PITA if it doesnt work without having to touch it all the time. COMPRENDE?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    Hazemonster

Hazemonster Member

oh..i get it.

The only way to get the speaker grill to work...was to use a "spider trap door" like setup. I have the speaker velcroed to a plastic hinge...which is then velcroed to the top of the radio. I don't "have" to pop it...i usually just guide it with my hand, so the back part doesn't "catch" the lip. Since I didn't do it..I had to pop it. As far as closing...MOST times it will go right in there perfectly. Of course when I video taped it..it was off by a touch...and I had to "help" it.

Otherwise..it is a pretty cool mod. Friends can't believe I mounted all that where a speaker once was. The flip up lcd in the back of the console is nice for the backseat riders....they get to watch too!

Thanks for the kind words.

Haze:)

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I'm diggin this mod - but I still havent gotten my iPod kit for the car! Great job Haze

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Once again, very nicely done Haze.