Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Finally, The Wait Is Over!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Gallery' started by Keemo, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

So I've been cruzin around for a few month now asking questions and it's time to be starting a thread of my vehicle. I didnt add this to 'other rides' because I only have one, and will only still have one on friday...;)

My current is as follows.

This is my custom paint job, with directional right turn signal.

May52007230.jpg

My mag ( aluminum ) wheels and Destination LE tires. Oh ya, that valve cap is after market. ;)

May52007232.jpg

Of course you need to have a aftermarket exhaust with any vehicle. :LOL: ( Oh ya, the dirt makes it go faster!)

May52007234.jpg

This is my competition stereo and with neons under the dash!

May52007235.jpg

These are my 'extra vented' seats. They dont make em like this any more.

May52007237.jpg

And the list goes on.... I bet everyone's wondering what would any one trade all this up for???

Here's a hint.... Picking up Friday and will have more pix.:biggrin::cool: 100_9759.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I'm guessing its a Mercedes Benz S Class? :LOL:

Post some pics on Friday - enjoy the ride!

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That was funny :LOL:...and enjoy your new FX! It will be a BIG change.:biggrin:

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Nice Tires!

There should be only one destination for this 'ol Bronco . . . & we all know where that should be.

Looks like your gettin' tech! Are you gonna swap the neon to the new ride? :cool:

5. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Whoa, nice upgrade. :biggrin:

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    sure like to see that thing do 180 :err:

Low Range Off !! :LOL:

Attached Files:

7. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Thanks guys!! Honestly though, I think my wife caved because she's sick of hearing me talk about it. :LOL:

32 hrs and counting....:p

8. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Boy were you right, its a HUGE change! We picked it up in Calgary and headed out of town onto the farm roads to open it up. Only got to 200km/hr until we had to slow down, but it was there is no time. We were hitting every button on the way home (so many more compared to the Exploder), and I couldnt get over the attention to detail Infiniti put into it. Here are a few pix...I will have more once we clean her up.

Fightin traffic for the first time.
    May52007246.jpg

My wife Jasmine

May52007253.jpg

Myself

May52007254.jpg

And a couple of horses who were keeping an eye on us.

May52007248.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Congrats Keemo - Glad youre liking it! :)

10. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice pictures! Love the great big smiles on you guys! Enjoy the new member to th family :biggrin:.

11. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
  12. OP
    OP
    Keemo

:rofl: ???? :LOL:

Why is it that everytime I wash the car, it will rain about 2hrs later??:confused::mad:

Does anyone have tips on washing? I just usually go to the coin pressure wand wash and do it myself, definatly not one that you'd drive in, but is one of those recomended? Or should I always stick with something like a two bucket method? I dont want any swirl marks of any kind.

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I use the Mr Miyagi Method: "Wax on - Wax off".......:LOL:

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Enjoy the ride.
    Your girls are hot! :biggrin:

15. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    I rarely take my rides to the car wash. As far as drying, I use The Absorber. Recently though, I've been using the California Water Blade along with the Absorber. Both are great products. I hope they are not causing swirls.

16. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Agreed. I take mine to the coin pressure wash as well. Just the water pressure isn't enough to remove all dirt, no matter how much you soak. That being said, the 2 bucket method is highly recommended. The crappy part is getting the buckets full of water. The coin slot pressure washer isn't conducive to filling these buckets up :p

I'm still trying to figure out a solution to getting 2 full buckets... one soapy and one plain water! Use a good chenille or equivalent soft mitt that doesn't leave fuzzies.

I also used the California Water Blade and "The Absorber," but I lost the water blade.

I had never seen swirl marks in my paint until recently. I had the car buffed, even though I'm STRONGLY AGAINST using ANY orbital buffer on ANNNNNY CAR, I wanted some scratches out. Turns out I was right and now I notice almost the whole thing is swirly. Sucks!!! Always hand wax!!! Always!

17. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Oh btw, forgot to mention, congrats! I stepped up from a Lincoln Continental to the FX... lol... almost the same transition, so I know how you feel. I must admit the Stinkin' Lincoln was more comfy though.

18. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I'm in love with my CA car duster. Fingernail the yellow drops once a day & 2 Wipes a day with the duster. It's like always out of the wash, & surprisingly no scratch marks from the broom. This routine keeps the Zaino coat from wearing off with to frequent washes.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  19. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Ive been using a PC for months and ive been all smiles. combined with the right pads and my Optimum HC and PS i couldn't be happier with the condition my paint is in.

20. OP
    OP
    Keemo

What do you mean by a PC? or HC and PS for that matter?

I did the coin thing today, then dried with a shammy and used quick detailing spray and mircro fibre towl to get off the fine dirt and water marks. Worked pretty good. I'm gona go and check out that water blade. Works like a squeege right?
    I'd have some more pix but it was night by the time I was finished, and a beer and the couch were looking pretty good.

May52007008.jpg

The cloth was there so my camera would focus on the car and not the light bulb. Shows light swirl marks from the previous owner.
    May52007010.jpg

May52007004.jpg

Thanks! Yah, its a difference alright. I've had a lead foot for the last couple of days to mention one.;)

Attached Files: