Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Finally sold my car....FX IS COMING!!!!

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by fm725fm, Feb 28, 2008.

1. Hey guys.....finally, sold my STI yesterday. going to get a used 04 Black on Black fx35 awd with only sport package. what people usually put into their car first? like intake or other thing? really exciting right now....hope everything run smooth!!!! i will get some pic after i got the car.......

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sounds good, good luck with a smooth transaction.

First mod for a 35 would probably be the CAI or wheels.

3. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    CAI was my first!!!!!!!!!!!

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

there's basically 3 routes:

looks:
    wheels
    springs
    lights (angel eyes, black out, headlights etc etc...)

Performance:

intake
    ECU reflash
    exhaust
    S/C
    spacers
    springs

Interior:

Audio/video (navi, ipod)
    aftermarket wood dash

Me? I got wheels first, and I'm already wanting other wheels... I want to go 22s, then I got the Eibach Pro springs, LMS intake, painted brake calipers, Nismo exhaust, 8k HID lights and blacked out headlight housing (thanks Humberto ;) )

still need to get the TS reflash, and 22s wheels... and I'm done (for sure this time)

5. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    yeah myne went liek this:

tints
    intake
    reflector tints
    ipod/bluetooth
    20 mm wheel spacers
    fog light control

soon to come:
    STB
    possibly a S/C because fxlr8 is gonna sell his.....(and i want it)
    if not...spacer
    possibly rims...i dont know...i kind of want to go for the sleeper look.

but my money comes in slowly so thats why the list is so short :rofl:

im fairly new to modding, anyways

Last edited: Feb 28, 2008
  6. Surprised that no one mentioned brakes. Guess I'm just used to the Porsche brake upgrade I did on my VW Passat (SS Lines , two piece rotors and better pads) which increases the brakeing significantly. I find the FX's brakes really spongly with a lack of positive feel to the pedal.

Is this just my FX which I purchased about two months ago or do other members share the same feeling on the brakes? Curious to know. I'm not going too wild with the upgrade, just stainless steel lines and better pads....for now. Not the BBK.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have slotted/Cross-drilled rotors...and SS lines. The rotors are stock sized...but I'm happy I got them.

8. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

cheapest mods first
    thats how it normally goes for me
    intake, springs and tiebar were all on within the first month or so

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I did,

Grounding wire kit, Y-Pipe, K&N, +2 timming, Front Strut bar, Z-tube, lights, lights, and more lights. I just got my springs picked up, but they are not installed yet, then plenum spacer will be after. Basically what is says in my sig below.

Congrats on your new purchase! Post some pix when you pick it up, mark your color down here, and happy modding.

What Color Is your Baby(FX)? - InfinitiScene.com

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    All personal preference and budget.

Most here feel the same about the brakes and most have upgraded their stock pads, rotors, brake lines.

11. OP
    OP
    fm725fm

fm725fm Member

anyone using asanti af128? i like it so much...but that thing is expensive....how's 20" rims on fx look like? i mean after market wheel not the stock one

12. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I regret buying 20s... but that's just me, I know of at least one other person here (can't remember who at the moment), that feel the same...

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have 20's and they are ok - they look smaller than the stocks though. its too bad they dont come in 22's.

14. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Believe me I regretted my 20's the second the FX came off the lift! Good thing I didn't spend too much on them plus I eventually sold them too.

15. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yeah, these Foose really don't belong on a FX... but more like a Mustang or something... (I'm not even going to attempt to sell them in a FX forum, I won't do that to a fellow FXer... not even someone over at org). They got a "muscle car" look to it... the good thing is... 5x114.3 is also the lug pattern for Mustangs... so, I'm going to try (eventually after I get my 22's) and sell them to a Mustang sucker... I mean... owner. :6wink: Nah... just kiddin' it's just too bad they're not staggered... cuz that's what they go for. But I'm sure I can still get rid of them.

and that is NOT to say all 20s aren't good.... just not the ones I have... AND also... they don't even look 20s... because the black part stops early... it's hard to explain... but when you look at them straight on (and NOT from an angle)... your eyes immediately focus on the black part... I've had so many people asked me if they were 18s :mad:

16. ncommin

ncommin Member

When I first picked up my FX I loved the stock wheels (20s not gun metal) but I knew I was going to want aftermarket wheels later on. 5 Months later I pick up my 22's and I slammed the ride at the same time. I liked them but I felt like they were too small as I think 24's would fill up the wheel well better.. 3 Months later I sell my 22's and get 24's. 24's were pretty balling but I ended up denting two of them completely. They were non-repairable. I then said screw it and I bought OEM 20's gun metal. I was pleased with them for a while but then I fell in love with the Axis GT-R's. I figured if I stayed at 20" then I wouldn't really want bigger ones since 20" is the stock size and I know in my brain that I am not buying these to have big wheels but stock size wheels that don't weigh more than the OEM wheels because I wanted to start doing performance mods and I thought that would be the way to go. Which I did and I love these wheels the best so far. I also ended up buying a set of OEM 18's for winter.

Then from there I started doing mods that people have said they could feel the biggest difference from. STB, Plenum, Y-pipe and ect and then did some exterior mods along the way.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008
  17. Good to hear that others have upgraded theirs also. BTW...Love your wheels next to your profile. Are you still running them? I think they suit the FX quite well. Great choice...let me know if you plan on upgrading in the near future I'll take them off your hands:top:

18. jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    plusss oneeeeee

19. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    My first mods were tints, STB, and V1 Invisicord. Eventually moving up to the ipod harness, LED mirror covers, and Y-pipe. Somewhere in there I was going to add a plenum or plenum spacer.

20. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Hehe first mods... man it's a crazy, addictive progression...

$40 K&N Panel filter
    $Free.99 Tints
    $300 Plenum Spacer
    $180 Test Pipes (soon F/S though)
    $110 Pulleys
    $350 12" sub
    $1100 Carputer w/ touch screen
    $600 Almost every light bulb changed out (when '05 tails were still new, they were pricey!!!)
    $20 Escutcheon
    $250 Eibach's
    $500 Painted stock 20's
    $100 LMS Z-tube (re-sold)
    $2000 LMS Supercharger (soon F/S though)
    $140 Flowmaster muffler (soon F/S though)
    $8500 Built motor
    $240 NRG Strut bar
    $270 Polished plenum
    $160 LMS CAI

Overall cost of mods alone: $15,000+ :eek:

(other items not yet installed, waiting for warm weather: blacked out headlights w/ angel eyes, wood dash kit, 06 shifter panel, and probably a few more)

Last edited: Feb 29, 2008