Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Finally got some shoes!!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by RideOrDie, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ***UPDATED FOTOS ON PAGE 2***

Well, after much debate and headache, I finally picked up some NAD-4 wheels mounted w/ 285/35/22 Yoko Paradas yesterday.

I was really worried about the fitment since NAD only had the +15 offset, but they were sure it would work and let me test fit the wheels w/ mounting tires and they really worked with me on the fitment. Wish the rim lips were bigger, but I was limited in my options with the budget I chose. I picked these rims up at Super Buy Tires in Downey, CA.

Although it is a very aggresive offset, it's perfectly flush with the furthest point of the wheel well, which gives the FX a very aggresive look and wide stance.

I've only snapped a couple pictures showing the fitment, but wanted to give others having fitment problems an idea. I'll post some final pictures later with better lighting...

***I don't guarantee any other brand with a +15 offset will work. This is just my opinion and worked for me in this particular instance.***

View attachment 121557

View attachment 121560

View attachment 121562

View attachment 121565

View attachment 121568

View attachment 121570

View attachment 121574

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Those are beautiful rims, I have always loved mesh style rims since my honda days in the 90's... My CRX had Sparco's and my VW had mesh style rims. They look really sporty on the FX....great choice.

3. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Looks great! Seems like a good fit. How bout some pics outside in the light?

4. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

very sexy, but i do think some bat overlays are in order for those rear reflectors;)

5. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    The Hot wheels are hot, nice job and good choice

6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Very Cool rims... Just need to drop the car and the look will be complete...

Great choice in rims.

7. nice bro! what is the width of the rim?

8. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Sweet wheels. :biggrin: Have you noticed any rubbing in the back? :shame:

9. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

Thanks for all the kind remarks...I had a really tough time and am glad it's all over.

The rim size is 22 x 9.5, +15 offset, on Yoko Paradas 285/35/22.

I do want to lower it, but not sure since I tow my motorcycles to the track. It's a debate at the moment, so this is another area for headache.

As for rubbing issues on stock springs: NONE. I've driven this thing mildly agressive this morning after it's wash.

Went to the canyons near the neighborhood, constant 180+ degree turns, 20-40 mph, and I couldn't have a bigger smile. Even drove the freeways tonight and car the feels very solid on onramps/connectors: turning into the corners, midturn and exit with 3rd/4th gear mid-hard acceleration felt quite "planted"...but I don't condone this type of driving, of course.

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

dude those look really hot! im surprised a 15 offset fit that well.

11. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

yeah, you should've seen me yesterday. I was a wreck.

When the techs originally mounted up the rear rims, they were out by 2 inches. Then they bolted it up and still stuck out by 1/2 to 1". I was fuming, since I already purchased these wheels. But by the time I backed out and test drove it, they sunk almost flush.

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice wheels Ride! Glad you are happy with your choice. After all thats what counts the most. However, I do feel that you will most definitely have issues with rubbing if you decide to drop it. But that can always be overcome with some good old fashion shaving down of the wheel wells. Anyways, glad everything worked out for you :biggrin:.

13. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

lol, uncompressed suspension sticks out way far.

14. ninjoe

ninjoe Member

So Cal
    Cool wheels...I have the same ones except mine are 20x9.5 ...the guy at the shop said the 22's would stick out too far but I guess he was wrong. :)

15. ninjoe

ninjoe Member

So Cal
    btw, take care of the chrome, for some reason, my chrome lip is stained really bad and I can't get them back to how they used to look :frown:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  16. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

joe, what seems to have stained your rims/lips?

Brake dust, tire polish, rim cleaners?

can you take some pics?

17. ninjoe

ninjoe Member

So Cal
    HI,

I always washed my rims with soap and water. Last week my roomate tried to help me clean it with his chrome polisher, but it didn't do anything.

Possible causes are break dust and road salt from a Big Bear snowboarding trip last winter. I always take my car to a touchless car wash after taking it to the snow, but I guess it wasn't good enough.

thx,
    joe

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  18. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  19. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    Looks great man.

Lower it and buy this to solve your problems.

http://toolprice.com/product/8538F

Turn it upside down and you have a raised ball mount receiver.