Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FI newbie question: Tapping a turbo to midpipe?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Boost, Track & Tuning' started by EG3, Oct 25, 2007.

1. EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

Here's the AWD pic from Keemo's Kakumei post:

8.jpg

How hard would it be to place a Garrett GT turbo after the y-collector? Say if I provided several pieces of intake tubing, the fuel pump, bov and engine management, what'd be an average cost for welding the pieces, tuning etc? I'm not really looking for a 400+whp outcome.. Anything more than 300whp would be great.. Anything else needed to get this done?

Attached Files:

• 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      129.8 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      129.8 KB
      Views:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    EG3

EG3 Premium Member Premium

Found an answer by myself:
    The result is probably burning floor, damaged turbo from all salt and else, tons of money that could've easily spent on a TN kit and frustration :LOL:

Thanks for all the help.. ;)

3. Ed@Pepe

Ed@Pepe Member

I think you've hit it on the head. Custom fabbing an undercarriage turbo kit would involve a lot of R+D, downtime, and expense. Best just to go with a pre-designed kit, save yourself the trouble. Plus, there's plenty of room to use between the radiator and motor!

-Ed