Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Extended warrenty Feedbacks

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by alphalink, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Hi All,

My FX is almost at the end of the line witht he factory warranty..... i just called my local infiniti dealer ship at Monvia CA and they gave me a quote for 3 year/ 36K miles.

$0 Deductible = $2,356.00
    $50 Deductible = $2,121.00
    $100 Deductible = $1,933.00

Do you think this is a decent deal?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 19, 2008

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. its a fo5

its a fo5 Member

do you have a 35 or a fo5?

3. OP
    OP
    alphalink

alphalink Member

i have a 35 awd

4. its a fo5

its a fo5 Member

oh yeah... what year and odometer reading?

5. Bklynjohn718

Bklynjohn718 Premium Member Premium

Brooklyn New York/Queens
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Hey guys. I purchased the extended warranty from the dealer. The coverage is from GE. Can i use the extended warranty at any infiniti dealership or do i have to stick with the one i purchased it from?

6. drew855

drew855 Premium Member Premium

NJ
    Garages:
    Should be any dealership. OP - I would suggest getting the 0 deductible. It seems like a good deal to me. The deductibles really add up - mine is 100 and I can tell you I have paid more then the 423 difference between the 0 and 100

7. Are those numbers for extension of the bumper to bumper warranty or just the powertrain? Did they require an inspection before they offered up the number?

8. GOFAST24

GOFAST24 Member

Sugar Hill GA
    2011 FX35 RWD
    Just wondering, if it is a 2005 how can the factory warranty be just expiring? (4 years / 60k Miles)

9. Good point, guess it's gotta be powertrain only.

10. toy4x

toy4x Premium Member Premium

Hesperia, CA
    04 FX35
    Andrew
    Garages:
    Look at the date of the original post, it is from 3/19/2008. OP was talking about his 2005 which falls into the 3yr/60k original warranty. Someone brought this thread from the dead. Any new extended warranty #'s are probably going to be a lot more.

11. drew855

drew855 Premium Member Premium

NJ
    Garages:
    OOO riggghttttt.....Well then BK, it should be any dealership.

12. FXologist

FXologist Member

Ontario So Cal
    2009 Fx35
    Garages:
    dont mean do revive an old thread but, i just got my fx about a month ago and im shopping for an extended warranty(mechanical breakdown ins). ive had all my extended warrantys thru mercury. im getting a quote of 805$ with a 100$ deductable. 2 years up to 100k. ive called others companies to get quotes but they asking 2300-3800. i truly believe in mechanical breakdown ins, in one year my bmw's starter and alternator went out, and out of pocket it would have been an arm and leg and half of the other leg. any advise would help greatly. thanks

13. 1yakini

1yakini Member

norfolk va
    Garages:
    The extended warranty I got was not for "any" dealership so read your paperwork. Mine is for a specific group and if I need to go somewhere else I have to contact them and get a referral like some peoples health insurance. Doesnt matter to me though, my dealership has been great and when I have used the warranty they often waive the TS fee which the warranty doesnt cover. Honestly, if you take the time to read the back of the contract or wherever the stipulations are it should spell it out for you.

14. FXologist

FXologist Member

Ontario So Cal
    2009 Fx35
    Garages:
    the mercury mechanical breakdown insurance has been pretty good to me with my past vehicles. ive taken my z4 to my local bmw dealership with out any issues, and my nissan titan to the local nissan dealership with no issues as well. i just got off the phone with them and they said mercury was located in wyoming and were closed. but i think 805 is not too bad of a deal. just wondering what you fellow fx'ers paid for yours, and what are your experiences with MBI's.