Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Extended Warranty

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by trainerKEN, Oct 9, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I was just wondering what's you guys' take/opinion on extended warranty/protection plans...

I bought my 03' FX45 back in March and it's original warranty is up on November 29th.

I feel more at ease if I buy one.

Who, here... has bought them? And did you go with Infiniti's or some other plan. And, lastly... How much did you pay (please also include which plan, in terms of miles/months)

oh, and 3rd party warranty plans... yay or nay?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    How many miles on your ride?
    Do you have service records?
    Normally, I would say not on these things. It's only an '03, & the FX seems very reliable.

3. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

just turned 37k miles...

today, I took my FX in for an oil change and brought up the trim issue that's a TSB, and just like that... they ordered the new ones for me... if my warranty had been expired... they (obviously) wouldn't have done so...

4. *FOKAI*

*FOKAI* Member

I want to get a headstart on buying an extended powertrain warranty. I'm in the 60,000's on my FX and want to have enough time to research around. Has anyone purchased Extended Powertrain Warranty for their FX? If so, What kind. Any recommendations?

5. Rubare

Rubare Premium Member Premium

NYC
    Garages:
    I'll ask the delearship I have to go on monday so they can fix the noises from my fx..

I was doing some research on extended warranty and I came across this website
    www.infinitiwarranty.com

it sounds great.. But Is it true..

Can anyone chime in on this.. Thank you!!

6. *FOKAI*

*FOKAI* Member

yeah sounds great, hope its true...

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

if youre already expired on the warranty they're not supposed to sell you the extended. seeing that your in the 60K miles your expired at this point. But you can always check with the dealer and see if they will do it.

8. Rubare

Rubare Premium Member Premium

NYC
    Garages:
    Have any one check that website.. +1 with what Psiclne said.. That's why I'm not so sure about the website.. Cause anybody can just go and get their extended warranty renew even if us expired on that website..

I will ask the dealership on monday about this too and see what they say..

9. dopie

dopie Premium Member Premium

Fountain Valley, CA
    Alex
    Garages:
    Dang ken just hit 37k on a 03. I just hit 30k and imma 06 bought it at 12k miles for $25,000. Need my royal purple oil change again.

10. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Well, notice how long ago this was originally posted? But that said, since Oct/07 I've haven't even put 13k miles on. I'm at 49,6xx miles right now. I don't drive it much.

11. *FOKAI*

*FOKAI* Member

EW

I extended my bumper to bumper warranty back when it was gonna expire, but my powertrain doesnt expire till sometime this fall or 70,000 mi (whichever comes first).

12. For those that recently purchased an 09 FX, what type of deal were the dealerships giving you? The key here is that the warranty offered is a 7yr/100K but it's a warranty that runs concurrent to the 4yr/60K, so in effect you are paying for a 3yr/40K warranty. What type of $'s has anyone been quoted and is it worth it?

13. White_Hair

White_Hair Premium Member Premium

I would definitely buy it. FX is a great car, but the earlier models just have too many small problems.

14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Huh? What problems besides seat bubbles & crinkles & bubbling dash which plagues all years

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

& skipping cold CD player

15. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    After 4 years of owning my car, my dash has started to bubble. :tears:

16. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Shoulda bought the extended warranteeee :p

17. Has anyone received any type of quotes for these extended warranties? Specifically 3yr/40K.....

18. shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    I just bought my '07 FX from the dealer. It has 12.5K mi. on it. They offered me an extended warranty for 6 years and 100K for $2400. It seemed a bit steep since it technically only covers from the time the factory warranty expired. I've seen people get warranties on AMG Mercedes for about the same price and we all know how unreliable those cars can be. So I ended up passing on the deal.

19. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I think you made out pretty good on your factory warranty. :tup:
    Did it just end?

20. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages: