Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Experts...I need your help

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by LeBron23, Sep 29, 2007.

1. I searched but couldn't find good answer, do you know if 2007 350Z Base open diff. can work for our FX? I have 05 FX35....

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

The companion flanges are different on the G and Z vs us. The companion flange is the front portion that mates to the driveshaft.

Examples.
    G/Z
    FX_Diff_4.jpg

FX
    FX_Diff_3.jpg

Other than that the pumpkin will fit fine. Technosquare has swapped this out for me in the past so they can do it for you if needed. If you get a 6MT pumpkin, the final drive will be changed vs the FX35 RWD.

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Oh Thanks Viet!

4. rookie

No problem. I think I still have my original pumpkin, but can't remember if we took the companion flange off or not. I'd have to look around in my blackhole of a storage room.

5. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

blackhole of a storage room L0L!!!!
    This is the piece I need to replace since mine broke one tooth...I think that's why my car is making that humming noise when foot off the gas pedal and slowly stopping.
    Resized_PICT38181.jpg
    Resized_PICT38201.jpg
    the seller said it's off a 2006 350Z...

Attached Files:

6. rookie

I found the pumpkin, the companion flange is still in place. It would probably just need fluid to be ready to go.

That guys picture is of an open differential, and some bearings. Is he trying to troubleshoot some of you problems by saying that will fix it? I'm betting some bearings are bad or are going bad if you're hearing a humming noise while idling down. Bad thing is the costs to replace the bearings is expensive. I just replaced most of my bearings and my final drive since it was damaged (scratch on one of the grooves) parts and labor was near 900 dollars 3 something of that was the final drive ring and pinion.

7. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

I thought that's the piece I needed since my open diff. has missing tooth..(I guess one broke out when I blew my tranny? and that's when I started to hear that humming)
    dang...nothingz cheap...$900...but ye humming noise is pretty annoying...I will probably need to take care of that soon.

8. rookie

Here's a pic of the pumpkin. I remember Technosquare swapping diff covers since the FX uses a larger gauge bolt. So you'd need to swap diff covers for the install but that's a simple thing to do.

fx_diff.jpg

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

sweet, just let me know when you are available to meet up. :)

10. OP
    OP
    LeBron23

LeBron23 Member

Viet! Viet! Viet! I love you man...seriously....after replacing my pumpkin with one that you gave me COMPLETELY made that crazy humming GONE!!!! I'm so glad that I don't hear that loud humming anymore. Thanks alot dude!