Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 "exhaust system"

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by TurboMack, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Okay guys.....just got approval from the other half and I'm jumping into this with two feet. I'm leaning towards the Stillen exhaust or the Nismo, what shop would be good for the install and what would be the price range? I am in the L.A. area but willing to drive if I don't have a choice......Let's hear it !!!!!!!!! before she changes her mind

Thanks,
    Mack:LOL:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

you might wanna check out West Covina Nissan and see if they still have any Nismo exhaust left... When I got mine last month, supposedly, there were 5 left... They were runnin' a special $860! Or $950 installed!!!

It doesn't seem like Stillen ever run any specials on FX exhaust... It comes out to be right around $1400 installed (out the door)

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Like Ken said - West Covina Nissan Had a killer deal on the Nismo - you might wanna call them and see if they are still running it.

4. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I know HKS wasn't mentioned but it is $535, and the mid pipe is like $240.

5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

btw, TurboMack... have you check out our video (clip) forum? There are a bunch of sound clips there on different exhaust setups...

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    But you shold get the y too.
    Its the biggest kink in the stock system.
    Btw, welcome aboard. If you're in la, this is the site to hang on.

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    +1 for the nismo! :biggrin:

8. Get the Greddy Evo TT exhaust. It's perfect

with a twin turbo system!!! Doooit...Doooit...Doooit...;)

9. OP
    OP
    TurboMack

TurboMack Member

Yep !!!! Definitely checked those out already......thats what sold her on the exhaust system. My wife races with me at Fontana or Irwindale, so she's kind of into to this stuff as well.......

Thanks again will contact the Nissan dealership tomorrow

Later,
    Mack:biggrin:

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Some of us socal FXer's go out to Fontana(Cal Speedway) for some dragging from time to time. You should definitely join us on our next trip there.

11. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Dam I need to get ready for the fall and cooler weather. Fontana sounds like fun it's been awhile.

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    This time I think it is really blank Z33 :p.

13. OP
    OP
    TurboMack

TurboMack Member

I'm ready.....just let me know when and I'm there.......Really want to get the exhaust done before a little straight line action, but will be good for some baseline runs. Will constantly check the site for time and dates....

Thanks,
    Mack

14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I'm game too- this time around.....anyone wanna do like that show "Pinks"?

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool! The more the merrier!

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Heres the link for it on http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250798&page=5
    Looks like as of yesterday they still got a few more.

17. OP
    OP
    TurboMack

TurboMack Member

Will there be any warranty issues when you install the Nismo or any exhaust system?? Don't mean to ask a lot of questions about emissions and warranties, but have been going through this with my GN and don't want to deal with this issue with my FX.....

Thanks,
    Mack:)

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    What type of warranty issues are you referring to? There should not be any adverse effects from a tried and proven exhaust. Once you replace the exhaust then any exhaust issues are yours alone to deal with.

19. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I would think if you had it done by West Covina Nissan there shouldn't be any "issues" with warranty (since it's a Nissan dealership AND that is "mod friendly")

20. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I posted this in another thread:

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312:
    Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)).