Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 exhaust options

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by fourfifth, Jul 18, 2007.

1. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I like this site! Hey I'm looking for a exhaust for my FX45. I saw Nismo, Stillen, and Magnaflo... Are there any other exhausts out there for my FX? Also any air intakes?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

what year is your FX45?

3. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

the reason why I ask is because LMS makes one of the only Intakes that I know for the 45... I believe I bought the 2nd to last unit (about 2 months ago) and I think I read somewhere recently that they are out...

It might be awhile before the get another batch in, if any at all... cuz there aren't enough demand...

(yes, the intake for the 03' is slightly different from the rest)

it wouldn't hurt to call and ask... don't go by their website to order, cuz I wanted a polished one, the website said "in stock" but when I called, they said they were out

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  5. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Thanks for that info, I'm going to try and order one tomorrow (hopefully they have that last one in stock). What about the exhausts. I was going to order the Stillen, but I just wanted to check my options.

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

have you seen/heard Dr.2k's video of the Nismo exhaust? If not... go to the 45's performance forum...

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Welcome to the scene! Plenty of choices out there, i.e., nismo, stillen, HKS, AAM, zteck, custom build. In the end its all personal preference. Good luck and post pic and/or sound clips when your done.

8. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I listen to your video clip I think I'm going with with Nismo (thanks Ken). What's a good place to order it from, cause I went to Nismo web site and it doesn't give much info for the FX.

I just bought my toy so as soon as it doesn't look stockish, I will post my pics.

9. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I think trainerKen and or Dave can assist you as to where they got theirs as mine was purchased from an individual seller. But I'm pretty sure it was west covina nissan. Also, here at http://mynismo.com/. Good luck.

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

11. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :LOL: dam, I forgot that you recently got one Will. I must be getting old.

12. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Sure Doc - are you sure you dont have me on that "Ignore" feature??? My feelings are a lil hurt....:frown:

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yes, Jeff@ West Covina Nissan, you can call directly-(866) 828-8814. When they first started this discounted rate (sale price-$950 reg. price I think is $1130)... they were offering either free shipping or free installation if you're local... I know they still do free installation cuz I just called them yesterday, but not sure about the free shipping... if you're from out of state, this could save you some more money cuz you wouldn't have to pay tax...

I haven't gotten my exhaust YET, cuz I need to unload my Rezax II Wheels (by "Work Wheels") first... they came off my Acura... some dude over at the Acura forum is interested, I just hope he's not flakey like all they other guys so far. But once I get rid of the wheels, the money will go towards the exhaust.

With that said... I have to admit, I'm NOT 100% leaning towards Nismo yet... I kinda like the idea of Stillen's "true duel" exhaust for our V8's... (I say about 80% towards Nismo)

14. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Naw! no ones on my ignore list yet! :LOL:. I mistook trainerKen for you cause he hasn't actually gotten his exhaust yet. My bad brah ;).

15. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

btw, the reason why Nismo's site doesn't list any exhaust for the FX is because the one we're talking about is, technically, designed for the 350Z/G35... but it fits with the extension that Psiclne was talking about... you'll also need to have the tips extended by a muffler shop... otherwise they'll be tucked in a bit... it'll be very loud in the cabin

16. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I have the HKS exhaust and love it. You can only get the rear-section (around $535) as the HKS website says the mid-pipe doesn't fit the FX45 (only FX35). I'm not 100% sure why the mid-pipe doesn't work, but it sounds great with the oem mid-pipe. I'll lose the resonator soon once I find the time.

It's 100% bolt on which was a big part of my decision. If I didn't like the tips of the HKS exhaust so much I would have bought the one other bolt on exhaust (Stillen).

Nismo probably has the most "exotic" sound, so can't go wrong with that if you don't mind some minor modifications to get it to fit.

17. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    The HKS midpipe (designed for G & FX) will work. It connects from the Y back. If you want the full setup, there is an HKS Y that is only available in Japan, but can be ordered from some vendors on the web prepaid. The HKS plumbing is same as stock @ 2.5". Doesnt seem like it will benefit all that much to a N/A setup cuz there is no diff in size. I would stay away from this setup for a 45. The HKS hardware is very pretty though (that is if you like the tips), & well made.
    The Nismo on the otherhand is a 3" system, & there are gains to be made with it. Also the HKS will run you a few hundred dollars more for a full catback.

18. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Dave, what's your take on Stillen's exhaust?

19. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I dont have any experience with it, but alot of people like it. It is a true dual. On a 35 N/A it's a dog, with loss on the low. On the 45, dunno. IMO I think it'll work. Craftsmanship aint the best, and it is a bit heavy. You may want to search around on the org for 45 Stillen applications.

20. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

...don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE the sound of Dr.2K's exhaust... but even Pierce said that the Nismo exhaust is the "tamer" of the two... makes me really curious how the Stillen sounds like on the 45 (Stillen's site has a sound clip of the FX35 WITH SC, which does me no good to hear, cuz it could be totally different for a 45).

and it's NOT even all about the sound, I'm just wondering if I will benefit more with a true duel exhaust in terms of performance.