Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Exhaust noise

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by CycoDK, Dec 22, 2007.

1. CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    Hi everyone..

I just changed my exhaust to HKS mid and cat back and my intakes to stillen. Love the sound but it seems like the noise inside of the car is too loud and i can feel some vibration on my feet when im driving hard or when the gear shifts. is this due to lous sound??:confused:Are there any ways to reduce the sound inside the car??
    Just wondering if this is normal..

Love to put some pics but i still don't know how to use this site very well...:p

Thx...

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Could some of the piping be vibrating on the body? I haven't heard the full HKS yet, just the muffler back one.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, check to see if any part of the exhaust is loose and possibly hitting part of the vehicle when it is under load. Also, there could possibly be a hole in one of the welds?

4. OP
    OP
    CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    Id love to put some pics and sound clips. Is posting pics and sound clip only allowed for people with special membership..

5. flow

flow Member

I have the same setup .
    HKS MID + REAR section + stillen intake .

I have no vibration and i don't think it is too loud .
    For me it is not much louder then stock .

This is a clip while revving the car
    YouTube- HKS fx35

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

that sounds pretty damn good....

i would double check to make sure nothing is moving around down there, if you find a spot thats sagging or something just add an extra hanger to keep it in place.

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That sounds fantastic :biggrin:

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Anyone can post pics...you just need to host it somewhere like Photobucket or Imageshack and then paste the link it gives to you here.

9. OP
    OP
    CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    Thx for help..will try to post some pics..

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

after you get it hosted - you click on the button that looks like this [​IMG]and paste the link into the window that opens up and voila.......

11. I want to hear how this sounds myself...although changing exhausts will never be an option. One of the reasons I got the FX after my Z WAS b/c of the stock sound. Man it sounds good. I still want to hear what aftermarket exhaust systems sounds like on an FX tho

12. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    They are all here for your listening pleasure :biggrin:.

Video - InfinitiScene.com

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

After I installed my headers I had noise and vibration also. Turns out to be what Rookie had said in the above quote. One of the pipes after the G35 extension was resting on the rear cross member (spelling???) and I took it to a muffler shop and got it fixed.