Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Exhaust Deals...what does anyone know about these

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Deecarp, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey everyone Just lurking around my 350Z and I saw these deals on exhaust, y piping etc... just wanted to know what anyone knows on these products before I pull the trigger. The Y pipe may alreay be a done deal though.

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=1094

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=1681

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=1684

http://www.cvrmotorsports.com/store/index.php?target=products&product_id=946

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I'm not sure if this answers your questions:
    1) Y pipe will not fit AWD
    2) any of these you'll have to extend the tips
    3) Someone has the magnaflow and borla muffler. You can almost go cheaper if you just buy the muffler and use your OEM tips.
    4) I'd buy the cheapest one there - Magnaflow if it were me.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

+1 to what he said, but i wouldn't buy the cheapest...you usually get what you pay for :neutral:.

you should look at the diameter of the piping on the exhausts...thats where you'll see the gains, or losses.

4. why do companies always call their exhausts cat backs even when they don't include the y pipe? False advertising

5. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl

why won't the y-pipe fit? they have this y-pipe listed to fit the G35 Coupe and aren't the coupe and FX the same wheel base? I do know that I would have to extend the tips out but I was just curious to know if it would fit the AWD.

Thanks for your response too it does help, but dam that is a nice looking pipe and the price is right too. I look forward to hear what you know about this though.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dee, the only y-pipe that will fit the FX AWD vehicles without modification are the Kakumei-y and the UTR-y. You can make the others fit with some modification such as what like Ken did.

My Kakumei Y-Pipe Review - InfinitiScene.com

7. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

the AWD sytem gets in the way of the G35/350z Y-pipes. look at the nismo y-pipe and then look at the kakumei y-pipe and you will see the huge difference.

8. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Cheapest here is Magnaflow, which is a well known brand and I would consider good quality.

Good point on piping diameter. For me, it wasn't a huge issue as I have a N/A engine. I bought more on sound and looks.

9. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Thanks Doc, does anyone have pic's so I can see the difference...