Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Englishtown, NJ

Discussion in 'Tri-State' started by BIGTURK, Nov 7, 2007.

1. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

I just received an e-mail from Raceway park yesterday, it looks interesting. I know this is a short notice, but I figured it's worth a shot. I sent them an e-mail asking about details. Let me know if any one is interested, I'm serioulsly thinking about going :biggrin:. Any suggestions regarding prep, etc. ???

http://www.racewaypark.com/main/07events/StreetWars3.pdf

SUNDAY NOVEMBER 11, 2007

STREET WARS 3

Gates Open 9am

$30 To Race | $15 For Spectators

"1/4 Mile Drag Racing The gates open 9am and we are only selling 500 tech cards so I suggest you get here early (by 10am or so)"

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Looks like it will be fun..

Have a good time..

You should really go. Just for the experience..

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool, lets see some east coast 1/4 mile times!!!

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The SoCal guys just did one a couple weeks ago -

Good experience if youve never done it.
    As for prep? Well lighten up the car if you can - I just left everything in it too lazy to move things out. But DR2k and HumbertoCali took out the spare tire/tools. They also went down to a smaller rim. Another thing is make sure you dont have a tank full of gas. I got to the track with about a quarter tank.

Have a good time and post up some time slips:)

5. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Hey BIGTURK don't forget to post pictures and video here. I really enjoy seeing pic's and video of when you guys meet up.

6. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

I'm definitely looking forward to it, never done it before. Right now I'm running with 20s, I'll be putting my 18s back on this Saturday. And as far as making the car lighter...I'm even going to empty the cd changer :LOL:. So far it's only me and jc'sfx, hopefully I can convince some of my friends to go so we can have some pics and maybe a video. I posted at the .org as well, hopefully we'll have some more people join us. Wish I could do a burn out :p

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

You can try.....but I dont think the FX will sit there and spin the wheels :LOL:
    Dont forget to turn off the VDC......

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Don't forget some brake torque too!

9. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

Noted :biggrin:. Does the helmet have to be DOT approved, or will any helmet do ? Up to what rpm should I rev the engine up to for brake torque ?

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The track we went to only required a helmet if your car was faster than XX.XX seconds (I dont recall) but you might want to check with the track you're goin to.

11. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

Yeah, I sent them an e-mail, waiting for an answer...

12. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

I called the track to find out about the helmet situation and they said they rent helmets...so problem solved :). 18s' are on, feels weird seeing my FX without my black 20s' and black grille...looks naked :p. Emptied everything from the trunk, only thing left is the sub, that must have saved me about 100 lbs..feels like :LOL:, all the extra cd's are gone. The only things left in the FX are can of fix-a-flat (just in case :err:) my E-Z pass, bottle of water, blue tooth ear piece, and probably some quarters. Tank is half full, that should get me there and some runs. From my house to there is 53.7 miles (Google maps baby;)). In other words...I think I'm ready, and very excited...

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

14. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

I can only imagine what that guy was thinking when he saw you pass him :LOL:. I don't think videos will be possible, unless they provide that service there. So far I'm going alone, we'll see what happens :). And as far as the fuel is concerned, I'm assuming half the fuel will be gone by the time I get there, can't wait. I hope I can get at least a few runs. Supposed to be mid 40s' tomorrow, maybe some people will stay home :p

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Have a great time!

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I just looked at the PDF file and it sounds like its bracket racing.....
    They're giving away trophies and $$$! :)

17. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

Yep, and I almost got a trophy, I missed it by 0.953 :frown:.

I woke up at 5:30 today, couldn't sleep, I was too excited. Left my house around 6:25, got to the track about an hour later...with still more than a quarter tank of gas :mad:, man, these FXs' get good milage ;). Since I was just by myself I figured I should make some friends. Met couple of really cool guys, one was driving a really nice Accord, worked and had Nos, and the other one was a Civic I think. Also worked and a turbo I think.

So they pretty much told me how the whole thing works. Tech station, how you should grab a spot and save it so you can come back to the same spot after your run. Where to get a helmet, where the photo shop was, etc. Didn't get a photo though, none of my two runs had a photographer present :confused:. I'm glad I met those guys, I was there untill 4:30 I think. Nine hours and only two 15 sec runs :rolleyes:, I would have left if I was hanging out just by myself. It also paid off to make new friends, Jr's nephew recorded both of my runs, so happy.

My first run, I was paired with a Coronet I think. An old American two door sedan (very clean though), could be something else, Im not sure. I was so nervous, I kept thinking about every ones pointers. And Jr and Neil kept saying "just go when you see the last yellow"...and I did. My reaction time was decent for a first timer I think.
    First run: My 1/4 - 15.733 the other cars' 1/4 - 18.706
    my mph - 87.55 his mph - 80.17
    It felt good when I saw him not being able to keep up :p
    Second run came five hours, a cheese burger, fries and a coke later :biggrin:. This time I was against a Scion tc, I was like oh $#it, he was doing burn outs and stuff. My reaction time suffered, I think I was too nervous, thinking about the trophy, how I shouldn't mess up, have to do better this time, etc. It felt like I did ok at first but than he passed me :mad:...so he ended up getting a small trophy.
    Second run: My 1/4 - 15.983 Scions' 1/4 - 15.029
    my mph - 87.01 his mph - 99.23

To sum it up, it was a great, fun experiance. I'll definitaly do it again, hopefully with some other FX'ers. I'll post the time slips when I can, my computer doesn't want to cooperate. And I'll try to post the videos once Jr sends them to me.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2007
  18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice runs Turk! Glad you had a good time. But only 2 runs in 9 HOURS!!!:eek: O well, we only got three our last time so I guess its not that bad. Can't wait to see the videos.

19. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That is alot of waitin' around :frown:
    Decent times . . thanks for sharing.

20. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nice runs turk - I looked at your sig and we basically have the same mods.
    But you were able to break into the 15's......while my best run was a 16.24
    What the heck am I doin wrong here?????:mad::mad:

Cant wait to see the Vids Turk........glad you had fun, now I'm gonna try to beat your times next time I go.;)