Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Eibach vs. H&R

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by fourfifth, Jul 21, 2007.

1. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    I've noticed some of you have Eibach and some H&R... Which lowers the truck more and which gives the better ride?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

The Eibachs have been around and on FXs the longest. From what I've seen the Eibachs sag over time so they may end up the lowest.

H&Rs will give a better ride vs the Eibachs but not by a huge margin but a little better.

Read this thread. Lowering Springs - InfinitiScene.com

If you have any questions post here or there. Here would be cool so there's info in both areas, although we may move this thread over to the suspension room. ;):biggrin:

3. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I believe Rookie tried both. When I did my research, it was pretty universal that H&R were a less harsh ride (which is why I bought them). The H&R also lowers the front by .1" more from what the companies state.

I have a FX45, and not sure if it's because of the added weight, my drop seems more than the 1.3" front and 1.2" rear after it settled.

4. rookie

Pictures!!!!!

5. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Thanks Rookie... I'm ordering some today.

6. rookie

Which ones. :rofl:

7. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Believe me, I don't want to send stock FX pics. Give me 1 week and you'll get them.

8. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    H&R springs

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

...and stop calling the FX "trucks" LOL

10. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

oh, and btw... you asked about wheels/rims earlier? Either get wheels and springs at the same time or get the springs first, then wheels... cuz IMO... the stock 20's WITH springs actually looks pretty cool... BUT wheels w/o springs? ...looks kinda bad... especially if you're going with 20's with a lip... just my 2 cent

11. OP
    OP
    fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Oh my B, you are right!!! I should never have called the FX a truck.... If there was no prooof of me calling it a truck I would deny I ever said that.

Send me some pics of your FX dropped with 20" wheels. I'm just not a pot hole dodger anymore, and it hurts when you hit one hard cause there was no time to react.

12. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Just for future reference to anyone with questions as to which ones give a better ride. I have the Eibach's on my FX for about 2 years now. At that time there was no other choice of springs other than the Eibach's. This is a big reason that many will see that those who have lowered have the Eibach's over the H&R's.

The Eibach's started out to be a rough ride, a bit more over my 04 stock sport ride. As time has gone on the ride has seem to get rougher or maybe its just me getting tired of the rough ride. I like the look but I'm looking to try the H&R's soon, just to see if I can get a better feel and from what I have heard from those with first hand experience they ride better. If I had a choice back then and knew what I know now, i'd go with the H&R's.

13. rookie

What's up Gil!!!

I'll bring my H&Rs over for you to try out. :) Was out of town all week, need to bring you your wheels as well my friend.

14. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

H&Rs DO ride better than the Eibachs, i remember when people started talking about the H&Rs, the guys with Eibachs would flip out saying Eibach was the best:wub:

15. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Don't sweat it ma man, I know you are one busy man. When ever is a good time for you.

Krayzie, I never got the defending a produce. Especially when no one had any experience between the difference at that time. I don't think that those that have the H&R's will ever try the Eibach's but Eibach users will go to the H&R's.

16. rookie

Yeah the whole new product report "issue" was funny. I don't have stock in either brand, I have tried both so I'm confident that what I reported was unbiased.

17. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I have never tried Eibach and was really un-decided for a while between the two springs available. Eibach's were reported to lower 1" F/R, with a firm feel as most have stated. H&R's lowered 1.3"F/1.2R, were reported to give a better ride quality. I decided on the H&R's for that reason, and at this point I'm satisfied with the look and the ride. Much better than stock, and I thought stock was stiff, but a good feel on the road. But not without an STB. That's another post by itself. But .H&R's I'm sure you'll like

18. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Luwee if all goes good, I may follow you in the change-over. I agree that the Eibach's are a lil stiff.

Being that they're stiffer and more harsh of a ride, you think the handling will suffer ever so slightly to compensate for a cush ride comparatively?

At this point I'd take a nicer ride over better handling.

19. Tkrtape3

Tkrtape3 Member

BaBa ..I think your correct about the ride getting rougher.I went with the Eibachs because thats all that was available I have a 03.But whats the drop on the H&R's? I like the stance, but hold on going over railroad tracks
    or a Crappy chicago street.

TKR

20. rookie

Flow posted some good before and after pics with the H&Rs. Euro FX35 - InfinitiScene.com

inf.jpg

info.jpg

Attached Files:

• inf.jpg
      inf.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB
      Views:
    • inf.jpg
      inf.jpg
      File size:
      84.7 KB