Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Eibach to H&R

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by azwcat22, Aug 11, 2007.

1. azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Made the switch today after reading about everyone's good experiences with H&R's. I am very pleased so far! My eibach's seemed to sag way too much in the back and bottom out all the time. Now I can actually hit a bump without cringing.

Here are the numbers: Before I went to the shop I took some height measurements. After I got back, I measured again.

Before:
    LF: 30 3/4" RF: 30 7/8"
    LR: 30 3/4" RR: 30 1/4"

After:
    LF: 31 1/8" RF: 31 1/8"
    LR: 31 1/8" RR: 31"

The camber was a bit of an adventure. I bought SPC Camber/Toe kits for the G35, and Rookie sent me extended bolts to make the kit work for the FX. For some reason, The bolts in the kit turned out to be the correct size and the custom bolts were way too long. Maybe Rookie's RWD is different?? Maybe cuz I'm an 03? Anyways, the mechanic that was installing the kit was unbelievably slow and he was able to get into spec after modifying only the right rear camber adjuster. He asked if I wanted to do all the bolts, and I just didn't have the time to watch his slow ass labor on it for another 2 hours. So I let it be, and if the springs sag some more and need more adjustment, I can have the rest of the SPC kit installed.

Here are my camber alignment numbers:
    LF: -.98 RF: -.76
    LR: -1.10 RR: -1.05

Toe:
    LF: .06 RF: .06
    LR: .09 RR: .11

Eibach and H&R couldn't be more different in design. The Eibach has maybe 3 coils on top and bottom that are wound right on top of each other, and only a small section in the middle can compress. The H&R spring can flex all the way from top to bottom. I would post pics, but I don't know how to upload.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

hmmm... don't you normally give it some time for the springs to settle.

So, your alignment was off after the install contrary to the popular experience of the alignment being within factory specification. How bad was it off prior to making adjustments? Any idea?

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Should wait a couple of weeks for the springs to settle before doing alignment and the camber. Recheck the height after a few weeks.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I got the bolts long with the intention of having the GT Spec bars in place. The lock nut should still seat correctly on the threads.

As far as alignment, you can wait or do it right away. Getting it into spec now when some suspension components have been moved around is a good idea. When you do the rear spring swap the bucket doesn't need to be removed. Doing the toe/camber kits requires the adjustment points to be manipulated some which will throw the alignment off unless the existing points are marked.

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

nice review. as soon as i move at the end of the month im going to order a set (i dont want to deal with the extra clutter while im packing now)

6. OP
    OP
    azwcat22

azwcat22 Member

Yeah I realize that the springs will settle some and I may have to do alignment again, but they were only charging 69 out the door for alignment so I figured why not.

Mongolian: My alignment was off before I even took the EIbach's off. I could never get the camber in spec, hence why I bought the SPC kits.

Ride quality is much improved. I recommend H&R over Eibach so far.

7. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Hmm..maybe I will have to give these a try sometime soon.