Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] EEE PC by Asus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mtbfx, Jan 7, 2008.

1. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    one of the few things i got recently to replace my 4lb laptop, a 2lb 7" lcd, linux based sub-laptop:

here's the eee next to my supplements:
    eee.jpg

so far so good, something i can really carry around. 900mhz intel based, built in wifi, webcam, 4 gb solid state drive, xp drivers included. all for $400! so small i already forgot a few times that i have it. maybe something like this integrated in the fx as an onboard computer/media system?

Attached Files:

• eee.jpg
      eee.jpg
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:
    • eee.jpg
      eee.jpg
      File size:
      66.4 KB
      Views:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Thats pretty wicked! i also have a small lightweight laptop, i decided on a smaller size just for convienience becaues its easier to carry around for university...i got an XPS M1210 a bit over a year ago. great little laptop (12.1") and it packs some serious power fully loaded.

3. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, I hate big laptops too, I've been using a fujitsu p1610 with 8.9" widescreen for a while now.. I'll never go back to a big heavy laptop again, really I've always had smaller laptops anyway... the biggest problem with tiny is there usually weak in performance, but the fujitsu with a core solo is plenty fast enough really as a tiny portable... I do photoshop & everything on it, it's prety cool:)

4. brown_fv

^ +1 i will never go back to a bigger heavy laptop again.

im running 2ghz core2duo which gets the job done, and i can over-clock my 256mb video card as well so theres very good gaming performance too. all this with an almost 5hr battery at full charge and you cant really go wrong.

i think the main reason for lightweight laptops were primarily for the convenience and better battery life, but with all the new technology they can stuff a whole lotta stuff in there now.

5. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I likey the white canned supplement.

6. brown_fv

Addict :tee:

7. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

That's too funny, I saw the can and said to myself "Rookie's gota be on this thread somewhere" :LOL:

8. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    i knew rookie will take notice of the white can at least. i like the ab ale better though.

9. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the flintstones vitamins are pretty cool to I guess:cool:

10. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have been eyeing this gadget from asus for awhile now, but the only draw back is the limited and non-upgradeable RAM(so far), the small capacity HD and only wifi. I would like to have 24/7 internet access with an express card. But this gadget is very nice for what it is.

Hey, where's the low carb monster =)

11. brown_fv

I personally cant stand the taste of the low carb monster :frown:...just tastes weird to me for some reason. i prefer the original monster or some good ol redbull

12. OP
    OP
    mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    pierce, the thing is upgradeable to 2gb which is now dirt cheap. i might upgrade it purely due to price. the default distro will only detect 1gb unless recompiled, but xp will see full 2gb. the ones that are now upgradeable are the surf models. this thing maybe hard to find, but i can refer you to some vendors that may have them in stock.

i actually like the low carb monster since i prefer less sweet and light flavor.

13. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Sorry, I forgot to say that's a cool laptop. :cool:

:LOL:

14. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The ram upgrade is nice but still sour taste on only wifi. Will have to see what 2008 has to offer in this gadet arena.

As for the low carb monster is dirt cheap at costco! $11.00 for a case! =)

15. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
  16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Very Nice! I just picked up an 15.4 laptop like a month ago - which is huge!! I like yours - nice and portable.