Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 ECU Reflash by Techno Square...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by HumbertoCALI, Nov 21, 2007.

1. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I wanted to start this post in order to get all my facts straight and in the process teach and give more insight to those whom are thinking of getting this mod done on their FX.

I went online to Techno Square and found the list of codes that are available for the VK45 engine. In my case it would apply to an '03. My fx is an '04 but was built in '03.

I know that Dr2K has had this work done on his FX.. is the 2005 G8 code compatible or is it equivilent to the 2003 L1 or L2 code?

I called Techno Square but there is no one there today at this hour.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Bert, you need to confirm the code by removing the glove box and looking at the front of the ecu. It will have the 2 letter code. IT doesn't matter what year your FX was built. Only thing that matters is what code is on the ecu. I believe yours will either say L2 or 7Q. Since it looks like TS has most of the ecu codes this mod should only take you 10 min. to do at TS. But you will need to call Tadashi and make an appointment. I will be there on Monday the 26th.

3. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I see. I'm glad I asked...

4. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Better to be safe then sorry =)

5. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Yes.. I learned my lesson with the CVT joint and the TC..

6. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Thats what the board is hear for Bert...to learn from others accomplishments and also mistakes.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

So I'm ready for this mod also - but I was wondering if TS has done a 05 FX35 RWD Tech? I know Dave had it done and Rookie also but both are non-techs. I read that the ECU is different for non-techs & Techs. Does anyone know if Mins car is Tech and what year? I really want this b4 the Drags on Jan 5th......:mad:

8. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Min is 05 RWD tech so they should have the program already available no need to wait. Just make sure Tadashi is in town if you want a custom tune.

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

what do you guys mean by "tech"?

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nice!!! I tried calling again today and no answer just rings and rings.

Tech Package = Nav, iKey, reverse Cam

11. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

AHhhh got it! Figures, something I don't have...

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Will, since Tadashi already has the ecu codes in hand the process will only take you 10 min. But you can also have Tadashi do a dyno and tune for a more custom tune then just reflash since they have a RWD dyno on site..

13. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Whats the difference from a reflash/Tune?

14. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Basically the same thing, but with the dyno tuning runs Tadashi can tune it just that much more to get the most out of the mods at the right places. The reflash is more of a general aggressive timing map of the oem maps with A/F correction. Which is still good but not as good as a custom tune.

15. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Maaan, I want a tune for my FX too, but the two places I found (local) did not even bother returning my calls/e-mails :mad: I guess my FX and a few mods that it has is not worthy of their time :1mad:

16. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

17. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

18. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

So I was reading on my350z and saw this thread
    http://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325146

Is this the same as what TS does when they do the tune?

http://www.technosquareinc.com/nissanintro.htm

19. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, Will it is one of the things covered with the TS ecu reflash as well as the increased rev limiter and removal of the speed limiter. But I do not know how that sprint booster is supposed to work on ecu equipped cars. I would feel safer with the TS reflash.

20. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I think the money I get from returning that GPS I got myself for Christmas, I going to pull the trigger on the TS ECU reflash...