Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 ECU problem?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Frankiago, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Well my FX has been sitting for approximately 3 weeks now. I just started it up today for the first time.

It was a lil hard to start up, but only by maybe 1 or 2 extra seconds. It idled just fine and I was letting it warm up while I went n got the mail.

I noticed there was no sign for what gear I was in (park, drive, manual-1/2/3/etc) and there was no beeping sounds at all. If I were to kill it and then keep the key in and open the door, or keep the key in the "ON" position, there would be no beeps.

I tried putting my foot on the brake and putting it in gear, but the shifter wouldn't allow the button to be pushed in b/c of the solenoid interlock with the brake pedal (brake must be pressed when going from park to whatever, you'll hear the click in the shifter when you press the brake).

I tried doing the pedal reset method but it doesn't work b/c the check engine light does not come on, something's a lil screwy.

Tomorrow I'm going to disconnect the negative lead and see what happens.

Ironically enough, exactly 1 year ago today is when the motor blew... wtf?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Could the ecu have gotten wet at all?

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

that sucks man...hopefully after you reconnect the battery all will be good...

i just drove my moms X3 after it was sitting in the garage for a week (my dad took my car to work to get snow tires put on) because she is away and the check engine light is on now...wtf...gotta waste my time to find out whats going on with that.

4. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    ECU wet? No chance... I'll double check the ECU though, after pulling the negative lead off.

5. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    Blown fuse :shame:

Turns out the fuse labeled "ELEC PARTS" controls the meters. Some other fuse controls the rest of the instrument panel...

So I took out the AWD fuse and replaced the ELEC PARTS fuse with it... in preparation for when I take out the 2 front drive axles.

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Glad you got that solved Cube. Had us guessing there.