Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

eclipse subs in stock deck??

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by robb<35>, Nov 19, 2007.

1. as the topic states im purchasing a set of eclipse subs, if i hook em up to me stock deck will something go wrong? or do i have to get an aftermarket deck somehow, i dont really wana mod or cut anything so i just might hook it up to the stock, any issuses other then power loss? let me kno guys , peacee

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

whoops posted in wrong thread, anybody?? will i have to get a module or something??

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I don't think so robb, but you may want to upgrade the amp to better accommodate the new subs for more power. But I'm no expert so I will let the experts confirm this.

4. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    You can hook up the Subs to the factor deck but I'd suggest you still upgrade your Amp. As well as the module you'll need to run in-line before connecting the after market amp. The Bose amp will not run your aftermarket subs properly.

5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

oh of course, theres no way i will be running the stock amp, the subs them selves are like at 500 watts rms each and i just picked an mtx amp to handle that power, it has a built in rca , high in / out, so i dont have to get the extra module, any1 have suggestions on which amp gauge wire i should go with? 4 or 8?

6. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    if you are connecting the amp to the factory unit, you'll have to change the factory high output lines to RCA's, the module is used to reduce feed back you'll get if you just try to connect directly into you amp.