Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 Dyno Test

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Dr.2K, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I had some time this past Friday after I was at Technosquare so I decided to finally get a dyno test for my 45. Whatever the numbers are are the numbers and it is a good baseline for whatever mods I do in the future and I will take it to this facility for future dyno tests if any. The shop is called Harman Motive. It is a very nice shop with knowledgeable staff. They mostly tune, fabricate and build up suburu sti's and bmw's. The facility dyno was just amazing.

http://www.harmanmotive.com/catalog/index.php

Here a some pictures from the test.

IMG_5321.jpg
    IMG_5319.jpg
    IMG_5334.jpg
    IMG_5322.jpg
    IMG_5332.jpg
    IMG_5350.jpg
    IMG_5337.jpg
    Dyno10-26-07.jpg

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Looks like avery nice shop. Wonder if they could drag Tadashi down there for tuning on the Dyno.
    A/F looks really low.

3. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    ...are you looking at the same dyno I'm looking at?????? Those AFRs look absolutely fine.

220 hp / ft-lbs torque? That seems a little disappointing considering I pulled 200/200 in my '35 :frown: on a Mustang AWD dyno as well.

4. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I thought mid 14s was considered the perfect mix?

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The shop is really close to TS so I'm sure something can be worked out between the two shops but $125.00 per 3 runs is not cheap.

And the A/F is not low it is right about where it should be.

I know Cube, the numbers are not the greatest but they are the numbers
    nonetheless. And a fair and accurate comparison cannot be made between 2 dyno sheets when each was done at different facilities with different conditions even though they were on the same manufactured machine. Just too many variables to be considered.

I will probably get my TS retuned because I had my hitch installed on my FX when I first did the reflash and they did compensate me for that. Now that the hitch is gone we can probably go to a bit more aggressive map. I don't know how much more HP or TQ this give me but it would be interesting to see the difference.

6. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, that is a perfect mix but you want a more richer mix when you or getting on the throttle.

7. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Why is it my A/F looks to be about mid 14s? This is also under full throttle. Black line is after Tuning.

1.jpg
    DSCN1763.jpg

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks like I am running a bit richer mix then you are Dave, but I do not know why. You might ask Tadashi this question as he would be better qualified.

9. Ed@Pepe

Ed@Pepe Member

Not bad numbers coming from that low-reading dyno. Afr's are about where they should be. The 35 dyno sheet above looks great, but doesn't really compare because it's RWD, which loses less power to the wheels than the AWD drivetrain. Also, keep in mind that they are different dynos. Think of dyno numbers as a tuning tool, rarely able to be compared on paper.

10. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Dave your AFRs look mid 12's to me... although a spike to 17 is disgusting...

11. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    You might be right on the 12 thing, but FYI, you cannot read the beginning part of the test, due to the way an automatic is dyno'd. He's gotta get rolling in 3rd for the pull, so the graph will be jumpy from the start. That part of the graph is ignored.

12. Ed@Pepe

Ed@Pepe Member

If you look at the pre-tune red line, though, the AFR looks constant and smooth, even at the "ignored" part of the pull. I'd have him try to tweak that AFR a little more, to me it looks suspicious.

-Ed

13. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Right you are
    TechnoSquare says its tuned ????? I trust that Tadashi looked at everything (& he reworked the A/F after several pulls). Ed, in case you have not heard of TS, they are the go to people for Nissan tuning, & they build race setups for Nissan themselves.
    I'm gonna bring this up with him, & get back. Thanks