Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Do not underestimate.....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by livinpimplife, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Not to promote racing or anything, and i dont usually do this, but it was 3:00 in the morning and i was driving back from a get together and one of my friends has the new 328i coupe. So just for fun, with absolutely NOBODY on the road, we decided to go at the light. I turned traction off, and floored it at the green and we stopped when we got to around 65-70. He won by half a car, but if we kept going he would have kept on gaining. I thought it would of been a tie or something. Keep in mind i have my Subs in the trunk of the car so thats like 70 pounds, but i still think he would have won. Even though its the lowest in the class, its still pretty quick. I wonder if i a 45 would have done much better....Doc/Humb

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Ed@Pepe

Ed@Pepe Member

The beemer weighs about a thousand pounds less than the FX, and is more aerodynamic... so don't expect to beat it in a straight line - - unless the elements are involved :)

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well, I remember beating a G35 coupe (pretty sure it was stock for the most part) most of the way down a very very bad 1/4 track until he edged me by a nose at the end in palmdale last year. So I would say a 45 would have fared much better.

4. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I took one on in my neighborhood(Same Place I Ran with Will). I took it by half a car length.. He is Stock as well as I apart from the my Stillen Exhaust. Also he does not seem to know how to drive his BMW.

You have to take in mind that our FX's are not meant to be really fast due to their weight.. the joy that I get it to know that I can keep up with the small cars and know that I can burn any SUV out there (not the Land Rover SC)...

Just have to know how to choose your battles.Ja JA JA

Have fun and be safe out there...

5. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

one late night a couple weeks ago, I was coming home from my parents' house... I was crusing along side a white 335 coupe... hardly any traffic... we're both doing 85-90... just weaving in and out of... what traffic there was... It was kinda like, I was just following him... wasn't a race... I had no problems keeping up... THEN we get to a spot where we were about to be stuck in a pocket (of some cars), he floor'd it to get out of the situation, and BOY! Talk about 90-110+ and a blink! Needless to say, I got stuck in the pocket...
    It was all good... I eventually caught up with him... as he was veering off an off ramp... he flash'd his high beams... as to jesture "Nice crusing" ;)

6. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I know how it feels to taim the 45 beast KEN..;)

Good thing no one got hurt...

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

nah, it wasn't anything like that... we were going maybe 5-10mph faster than what little traffic there was, on a late Sunday night... nothing aggressive only that part at the end when he gun'd it to avoid being stuck in a pocket... I see a lot worst crazy driving in the morning when people are late for work...

8. Alex was able to go head to head with my broz BMW 330i. We ran like 2~3 runs, sam results, dead dead even. His mod was Crawford, HKS Rear section, LMS Intake and light wheels (Volk TE37) I was very surprised with the outcome but was happy to see FX35 doing well against one of the best sport sedan.

9. OP
    OP
    livinpimplife

livinpimplife Member