Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

dash alteration?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by muchilus, Jan 10, 2008.

1. does any one of you guys , getting problem with some alteration of the surface of the dashboard, specially on country with hot weather , that evidence long period to expose to sun light?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

There has been some people that have "bubbling" and the top part of their dash gets kind of disfigured...if you check out the .org i think somebody recently uploaded some pics of how his dash...it looked pretty messed up

*edit* heres a quick link i found http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13121&highlight=

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  3. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    armor-all does wonders.

4. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    I can't tell you how many dash boards we have replaced here because of bubbling. Even a couple newer (06). I think Infiniti just cheaped out on the glue lol

5. if im not under warranty the dealer wont replace this right? im having the same problem, im guessing it not a recall part, mayb i can just make the dash suede hmm:wub:

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The Dealer will do it if you're not under warranty - they'll just take both your arms and legs and then after that they ask ya to grab your ankles. But they'll replace. :LOL:

7. brown_fv

I dont think they would do it for free since you arn't under warranty, but you never know there might be a small chance.

i would say whatever you do, DO NOT go to Infiniti of Willowdale because you will waste your time (they are the worst when it comes to warranty work; generally the worst infiniti dealership in the area too). i would try Infiniti of Oakville or Markham Infiniti. Goodluck.

8. :mad:i was force to buy a new dash! fucking cheap quality of the infiniti! what only save them is that i love the design and power of my SUV.

9. i go to alta infiniti in woodbridge, but ya how much would i new dash run me if i wanted to change it in the future?

10. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    What year is your FX? List here at the dealership I work at for the older black dash is roughly $787. The newer dash is about the same. I'm in Georgia though lol

11. brown_fv

Damn thats pretty expensive. wouldn't be surprised if that costs upwards of $1000 in Canada.

12. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Wow! That's ridiculous!:eek:

13. MASSIVE

MASSIVE Member

I had the same problem with my dash. I replaced the first time because it had cracks going threw the dash. Now, a year later, i have to replace it again cause it's all bubbled up. i got a price quote at $497.16, but i can only imagine how much it would cost for the dealer to do it. I would do it myself but i'm not sure if it something i can do. i was looking at the DIY, but i really not sure about the airbag in the passenger seat plus the removing the steering wheel.

If anyone has done it before please pass along any info that my help me. I figure i get it done before i leave Guam.:top:

14. that's right! i hope the 2009 models fixed that kind of quality problem. the only way you have to solve that matter is changing the dash.

15. Who cares about the 2009! I have a 2005 my warranty just ended and its bubbling..
    Every time someone sits in my car, they point out the bubbling. It’s embarrassing. The car is a little over 3 years old and its doing this. I expect this out of a Kia or Hyundai, but an Infiniti? I didn’t spend over $40,000 for a car to do this after 3 years! So I took it to Southbay Infiniti, in Torrance, CA, and it took the Service Manager 30 seconds to tell me it would cost me $2000 to replace it, (which he admitted to it being a very common problem) I called Infiniti Customer Relations and put in a complaint about this. They filed a “Financial Assistance” case on this. And told me they would have someone contact me within 24 hours with an answer. This was a few days ago. I’m going to call them tomorrow and find out what the deal is. I’ll keep you guys posted!

16. yea u do and let us know what happen!

17. theMerchant

theMerchant iS VIP iS VIP

let me guess , black dash?

good luck.

Maybe call Cheryl from Metro Infiniti in Duarte, CA. She has helped many FXers here. They do a great job (except for the car wash guy)

18. This is insane. It's been over a week i havent heard from anyone yet! I just got off the phone with them and they promised to have someone call me before 5. With my previous car (BMW 330ci) I would go into the dealership and they would fix and replace my door handles even though i was out of warranty.

19. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    Stop your whining. Go to another dealership and get a quote. And that's great how you can get new door handles for your crummy beemer douche bag.