Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Cracks/Tears on Brick Color Seats

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by Dr.2K, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    This seems to be a common issue on the brick leather seats. It is actually on the sides of the bottom cushion which is NOT leather and only vinyl. I guess it is a very cheap vinyl that infiniti decided to use because it is supposed to last longer then the leather. People who have the brick seats take a good look at the side cushions to see if there are any cracks tears developing. Will post pictures later on.

****This is covered under the normal warranty so take care of it right away if you notice any cracks in this area.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    For those that are visually oriented :biggrin:.

DSC02456.jpg

DSC02455.jpg

DSC02461.jpg

DSC02457.jpg

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Just use duck tape.. it should be fine :LOL:

4. flow

flow Member

I have the same problem with my front (brick) seats :frown: .

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I guess I forgot to mention that I did get this covered under warranty at the dealer. They have ordered me a new bottom cushion. Flow goto your local dealer and get this done.

6. flow

flow Member

That is my problem , if i want to take it to the dealer i will have to ship my fx back to the US:confused: .

7. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ughh...well then I guess its time to look for some vinyl patching.

8. ye i just got my car and noticed some bubbling in the seats as well, im going to get rid of it next year tho, going to put some suede inserts through the center

9. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Not sure if this is really just a brick thing, my graphite seats have some cracking on the sides.

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Just got my FX back from the dealer and my lower driver's side cushion has been replaced with a brand new one. This was on a national backorder so it took awhile but it arrived last week and I set an appointment for Monday and now its all done.

Also, had the fading window molding replaced both upper and lower. Glad this is all done. Hope these last longer then the previous.

11. the same think happen to me on my black seat, under the conner is not leather is vinyl, as i living in Dominican Republic, i decide to fix it with a local company whos dedicate to fix that kind of problems.

12. hangout

hangout Member

New York
    Infiniti Q70L
    same thing happen to my black leather seat, the side looks like vinyl not leather..

did any one fix this yourself before? my friend told me to put clear nail polish on it..:shy:

any idea??

Thanks

13. Man I'm so over the brick interior. i have tons of cracks/ splits all over the driver side seat.

14. i had mine with black interior, and it's the same shit, the side of the seats are not leather is vinyl. Infiniti always has low poor quality in all the interiors. including the main dash.

there's where LEXUS has higher price. QUALITY.

15. hangout

hangout Member

New York
    Infiniti Q70L
    I pay what I get.. I will pick 0-60 runs 7 seconds SUV than leather all around but can't run.

hey, same thing happen to my BMW & M.B. and also my friends Lexus..
    it's really depends on how we take care of the car.
    as the FX, while I exit the car, that section support all my weight,
    I'm not 7' tall guy and can step on the ground right away. I understand the side will be cracked any way,, unless it's cloth :) I saw one FX with cloth seat before.
    remember, vinyl stonger and last longer than Leather.

16. jumbosrule

jumbosrule Premium Member Premium

Redondo Beach, CA
    2003 FX35T
    Brad
    Garages:
    I also have the black interior and it has a bunch of cracks in the driver's seat only. Of course, I have 95000 miles in that seat...

I plan to get it re-done, but custom. OEM replacement is just as expensive as a new custom job, so why not?

17. authenticfx

authenticfx Member

CA
    Wow good to know. I've only had mine for one day, so I got to inspect this. 2007 btw 27,500 miles.

18. Dr... are either of these issues covered in a TSB? Or do I just walk into the dealership and bitch?!?!

19. Rubare

Rubare Premium Member Premium

NYC
    Garages:
    Question Dr. Did they replace it with the new kind of leather(the one that have little holes so it can breath) or the old one?

20. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    No I don't think there is a TSB on this issue. But if you are still under warranty then it will be replaced without issue by the dealer. I had no issues getting mine replaced.

No it was the same kind of brick seat just like the old one.