Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Console/Trim Removal Tool

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by Lainezki, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Does any body know what's the name of the tool that you use to remove consoles and trims? I'm going to be installing my ipod kit this weekend but I want to have that tool so I won't damage the trims.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    No tool needed, use your finger nails on each edge and pull up. If you are talking about the radio trim....drop the cassette cover and pull out on that.

3. OP
    OP
    Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Cool. Will try that. I'm scared to break a clip or something like what I did with my Accord before. I'm going to try to be really carefull this time. Thanks man for the quick reply.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Nissan/Infiniti clips are pretty easy to work with, some of the plug connections are pretty dam hard though.

5. OP
    OP
    Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Cool. Thank Viet. I've heard a lot of people having a hard time taking out the radio harness. I guess i'll find that out this weekend.....:biggrin:

6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Yep, keep somthing stubby you can hit the release tabs with and you should be good. Watch out scratching up the console as well. :shame:

7. wasabiz45

wasabiz45 Member

yeah, the bottom of the radio just happens to be sharp-edged....enough to scratch up whatever it touches. My clock trim was scratched as well as my shifter after resting the radio on it. Make sure to cover those areas up with a towel if you're not taking them off.

8. OP
    OP
    Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Thanks guys. We'll see what happens tonight. I figured I can probably install this at my apartment garage since it's all plug n play. Fog light kits has to wait till I go to Orange county.

9. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    yeap pulling out the console should be easy. you can even open the ashtray and pull from the bottom of the clock panel to start removing the console. don't rush take your time and remove the conectors for the hazards and heated seat conections and ashtray. unclip your shifter, pull down the flange remove the clip pin so you can remove the knob. the rest should be easy. if you follow Jeffs chrome shifter panel removal it should help alot.

10. OP
    OP
    Lainezki

Lainezki Member

Santa Monica
    2003 FX 35
    Finally got my Ipod harness done last night. Man you guys were right, those harness are a pain in the butt to unplug! But took me 1hr to get it all done. It was fairly easy besides unpluging the harness. Works great!

11. Does the same apply if I want to remove the round shift indicator? somehow it has moved and is affecting the manushift.

12. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    you will still need to remove the lower panel to access the shifter panel

13. zebra555

zebra555 www.tuner-store.com iS VIP

Miami
    2004 Infiniti FX35 Supercharged
    Garages:
    This might help