Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Compustar vs . Viper alarm systems

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by robb<35>, Dec 11, 2007.

1. overall which is the better alarm system, good use of features, reliabilty , best security for the money, i heard the new viper alarm systems are amazing , but does any one agree? i want an alarm that has good sensitivty, like if you are near the car it does those few beeps and warns people, any body? let meknow , thanks guys

the viper alarm is very cool but thats just the screen, im not to technical about this stuff . http://www.viper.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=102

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I'm a fan of Compustar - my cousin installs these. I have no experience with Viper.

My previous car had this and had the sensitivity way too high - a passing truck would sent it off. I tweaked it and was fine.

3. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    well, the sensors are pretty much not dependant on the alarm systems.. many installers will use DEI sensors even with another brand alarm, so that really isn't much of a factor in your system... sensors are universal can be used with any alarm, they just get power & ground & send out a signal or 2 when triggered.

as far as DEI(makes viper, clifford & steal stopper) VS. Compustar, personally, I'm a huge fan of Compustar... been using them for years... they were the first to market with there spread spectrum fm technology, this gives you like 4 times the range... the Compustar 2wwss-as is the best alarm money can buy in my opinion. DEI now makes a spread spectrum alarm, but I think only in there clifford line so far... they have talked about adding this to there viper line too, if your going to bother going thru all the hasles of a 2 way remote install, I would suggest you definatley go spread spectrum over just regular fm...

in actual comparisions of dei vs. compustar, to me the compustar is just better quality... I'm mainly talking the remote itself... the compustar remote reminds me of the older motorolas, they look like they mean business & they are very durable, compared to the dei stuf which looks cheap & breaks prettty easily... I've got compustars in 6 year old installs where the remote is beat to shit, cracked lcd cover & broken antenna & they still work... I've seen dei remotes look new still & not work anymore...

dei isn't bad stuff at all really, but the remotes are a little more delicate... if you must go dei then definatley look for spread spectrum... the difference is HUGE as far as range & stuff, I park alll the way in the way back of the lot & then go all the way to the furthest back end into a home depot or something & the remote still has 2 way communication... this will not happen with just fm... good luck with it :)

4. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I have the compustar installed in my FX, the 2w series w/ 2-way paging capability, remote start, door lock, glass senors etc...I'm happy with the features, usability. I've had other alarms and nothing has come close thus far. it's easy to add additional remote, increase or decrease sensitivity. Arming can be active or passive, silient or chirp. The 2-way pager allows you to know what you've done and what feature you've activated, run a querys on your system to check its condition,. example would be if the doors are open or closed, is the vehicle running or off. I mounted my ant. in a location that cuts down the range but it still work at an incrediable distance away. So far I have nothing but a positive experience with compustar....

5. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

very good opinons, i was just doing some research around the area and one shop told me that compustar has a lot of issues with the 2wwss pro series ? im assuming, and also got told that remote starters dont usually work good with the fx and causes electrically issuses? is this all b/s ? and will i have to disengage my factory alarm system in order for the new compustar or viper to work? thanks again

6. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I've had my set up for a few and I'm not having any problems with it. it may just be the installers don't know what they are doing. I really like the compustar...

7. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    if a guys a direct dei dealer, then anything else you ask him about will not be as good as his dei... to him:p

there are a LOT of butchers out there, to really integrate with the factory systems correctly takes a real good tech... most alarm install guys hire kids to do the installs, a really good installer is few & far between.. everything he has told you is BS

8. OP
    OP
    robb<35>

robb<35> Member

or mayb hes just lazy and doesn't want to install the remote starter? and trying to sell me his product? who knows? i guess i will go with the compustar the pro series, hows the sensitivity? if you go near the car does it do those warning alarms? does it have glass breakage sensors? tilt? starter kil? etc etc , thanks

9. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    that's all up to the installer, the alarms themselves usually just come with one shock sensor... everything else is added, much like a stereo install. an alpine head unit doesn't come with an amp or speakers, there all added to the overall system... it's not the alarm that does this, it's the installed system that does it...