Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Cold Air Intake System

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by hilex007, Oct 4, 2007.

1. hilex007

hilex007 Member

How well does it work on FX ???

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

What brand? I dont have any experience yet but I think they mostly have some gains, but dont expect a rocket engine under your hood. Maybe ~3-5whp?

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong....:shame:

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

yeah the intake will mostly just give you the sound because a z-tube will get rid of the resonators in the stock intake pipe so it will really open the sound up. as for the filter if you get the stillen or JWT you will get a nice whistling noise and a louder induction sound as well.

i would say the gains would be around 4-6HP (maybe a bit more?) with a z-tube and new filter with the gains coming up the top end of the RPM

4. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Engines will benefit from more air flow in and out, the FX is no exception.

5. About performance of cold intake

i had installed one z-tube with the bigger K&N filter.. results, Loud sound ! 11hp extra performance to your engine.

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

Just out of curiosity, 11hp according to who or what? Dyno? The company's claim?

7. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Some intakes decrease hp and mileage. Max increase on a N/A I would think would be close to 5 hp. On a FI engine, 10+ should be possible.

If for anything, it makes it easier to change the filter/clean (at least for the 45 as it's very hard to get the filter out without removing a couple pieces) and you're going green by having a reusable filter=)

8. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

heres a graph for the LMS SRI compared to stock...i PSed one of the lines out of there to make it easier to see

lms_intake_dyno_662.jpg

Attached Files: