Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Code P0102- MAF-VAF

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Yanadine, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Yanadine

Yanadine Member

So Cal
    I have a 04 fx35, My initial problem was a bad battery that was not holding charge, the battery I that I had in was a stock one, I then replaced it with a duralast-gold. after replacing the battery when I start my FX it shuts off immediatley, So I thought maybe I need to take a spin for the battery to break in. I drove around for a couple of miles, came back home, shut off the car and started it again. same deal, the car will start and automatically shut off. If I give it a little bit of gas at start up the car will stay on. I ran an OB2 scanner on the computer and came up with a P0102- low input of MAF or VAF- I cleared the code but the car still acts the same. Is there an easy fix for this besides replacing the MAF? has anybody else ever encountered this? its wierd because all I did was change the battery and then this happend..? any suggestions? thanks in advance

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Welcome to the scene. I had this code when water got to my ecu.

What I did was this start the car with the maf disconnected. It'll idle like turd. I plugged it in hot and let it idle a bit more. Eventually it went back to normal.

3. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    OMG....!! have this same issue. I kinda forgot my wiring harness plug wich goes into the body wasn't all that good after taking it out a couple of times. 1 or 2 of the clamps broke and i wanted to kit it or such. I haven't checked for any damge to the ECU and honestly haven't driven it much in bad weather but it did rain once so might be the case my ECU is fried. Viet did you change out your ECU then or had to repair it...??

4. rookie

I just let it dry out. The rubber grommet on the passenger side leaks unless you seal it up well, this happens to a lot of people. ECU is covered in a film that mostly protects it from water damage.

5. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Viet i checked and no water leaks as of yet. I didn't drive it much in the rain as well. The bosch diagnoses indicates that i have a constant 0,02 volt on my MAF as it needs to increse voltage i think between 1.5 and 2 volts depending on how much throttle you give,but mines stayes flat. Trying to find out wich pin at the ECM side it is so i can check for any wire cracks or such with the multi meter. Any further ideas.....this is killing me.....

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. angryfx

angryfx Member

ny
    q5
    Garages:
    sorry for the question but where is the ecu located?
    i know i have a slight leak in my passenr side like under the dash...
    not that i see water dropping down when it rains but
    couple month ago i saw water collected in my floor mat... and sometimes i hear water dropping fromthat area

7. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ecu is located behind the glove box so at that side. So i would adres this asap before it will get fried as rookies did. I just hope that didn't happen to mine as well......jeesssss.....

8. angryfx

angryfx Member

ny
    q5
    Garages:
    shit i am worrued now....
    damn will check that asap!!!

9. rookie

when you did the wire tuck did the maf cable get cut and shortened? we've never really cut the maf cable down, fear the shielded cabling doesn't like to be soldered back together.

10. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Tried another TB today but without any luck. We did not cut any wires for the tuck. The only onces we did were the voltage wires for the coils because of the OKADA Plasma Lift ( as your HKS DLI-II ). No wire harness available from Okada so we neede to cut those.

We did lossen some connectors here and there as we then could organise the wires behind the engine better. I gues i really need to look into that.
    Bosch diagnoses says 0.02 volt on the MAF so what i need to know is wich pin at the ECU side i need so i can check voltage or any cracks with the multi meter. But hard to get such intell on the net......

11. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Completly new engine and still this issue. I checked the MAF connector but all seems to be fine. I also read that sometimes the engine wouldn't run good with this error code but mine runs fine......but i just cannot seem to get this problem solved.....

12. frontier2005

frontier2005 Member

new jersey
    2008 FX35
    ECM connector PIN #51+, and PIN#67 ground, check continuity between ECM 51(L/W) and MAF 4, ECM 67(B/W) and MAF 3(red). also PIN 2 on MAF check for power.

13. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I've messured both power and mass. Don't know excatly if i understand the continuity your talking about. I'm still doubting on the tuner. that he might shut off that signal trough the haltech or such....

14. frontier2005

frontier2005 Member

new jersey
    2008 FX35
    to check for continuity, this is a test that to make sure your harness is good no open or short to ground/power. disconnect the MAF and ECM engine off/ACC off. put you probe ecm 51 and MAF 4 make sure you get at least .01-.04 ohms. And leave 1 probe either terminal 51 or 4 and put the other 1 to ground make sure you'r not getting any continuity. same this also MAF 3 and ECM 67.

pm me with you email add, i can send you a wiring diagram photo. good luck

15. To troubleshoot this DTC, the manual suggests on page EC-173 to first check if you have a vacuum leak at the air intake, and then check the engine ground terminal, if both are ok then check the MAF power supply circuit. All is well explained in details.

When you cleared this code, did you scan the car again after driving around to see if was back? Do you have "service engine soon" on?

Sent from my iPad