Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Circus

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.2K, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Hey any of you Socal family men planning to go to the circus 'Ringling Brother's' at the Staple Center? Looks like a real fun show for the family. It's been forever since I have been to a circus and this would really be fun for my son. I am set to go this Friday.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Went last year. It was, OK. A lot of clown nonsence & corny music. Cotton Candy & popcorn for $20 each. Everything inside the building was a big ripoff. Dont get me wrong though, we did have a good time, but let's just say that I can wait a few years before I have the circus itch again. I think a monster truck event might be more fun for a boy?

Anyways, Have a good time:biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2007
  3. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Really? Hmm...but how were the stunt shows and the animal shows? Can do without the cotton candy. Are you allowed to take pictures during the event?

4. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Animals were minimal, couple of elephants & some tigers in a cage. Nothing extravagant. Like I said, whole lotta clown acts, plus the usual BS, like, a canon shooting a dude, and motorcycles in a cage (that was cool).
    Stills are fine, but leave the DVCAM at home. They will confiscate it until the end of show. I learned the hard way :err:

I just love that smiley

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    :rofl:, gottcha Dave. Thanks for the info.

6. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Last time I went to the circus was a couple years back. There were some animal rights people outside yelling and handing out flyer's expressing there views. I had to explain to my 2 girls why these people were so against the circus. I always try to give an unbias opinion to why someone would feel so strongly about an issue. Well since then the girls have always had questions about going to the circus. I think thats why those animal rights people target the circus, to get there agenda into young children's minds.

7. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Wussup Gil! Yea I hear you. But they should do it without interfering with other people's enjoyment. Animal rights is fine but human rights takes precedent.

8. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Been really busy, work, summer school, girls in volleyball-golf.

Yea your exactly right Doc. I was a little pissed when I first walked up. I remember thinking this isn't the place for these angry grown adults to be spouting off. It made an impression or shocked my girls because they still remember. Boys might be different.

9. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry to hear that your girls had to see and hear that Gil. But hopefully they don't have bad memories of the circus.

10. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Forgot to post up some pictures from the circus.

Circus07-20-2007007.jpg
    Circus07-20-2007075.jpg
    Circus07-20-2007046.jpg
    Circus07-20-2007104.jpg
    Circus07-20-2007088.jpg
    Circus07-20-2007115.jpg

Attached Files:

11. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Yep, like I said. Clowns!

Did ya have fun?
    Not the guy with the hair!!!! It was basically his show last time :confused:

12. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well it was his show again. I didn't go last year but probably a different theme this year. My family especially my wife enjoyed it the most :LOL:. And the kids had a good time too. It was cool but everything happened so fast! It was over before you knew it. That guy was very goo very good I thought.

13. You gotta check out Cirque De Soleil. No animals but their shows are awesome.

14. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Have seen it and they have GREAT shoes, but there shows are geared more for adults. Ringling Bros. is more for the children.

15. I loved the circus growing up but IMO it's a dying business. Kids these days don't give a crap about clowns, animals, or big top shows unless it's coming out of a TV screen on the other end of a gaming console. I do however enjoy the Cirque du Solei (sp?) shows.

16. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    True, but that also the fault of the parents. It's up to them to open their children's eyes other things then just TV. After all children don't know any better and they follow the example of their parents.

17. BaBaLuwee

BaBaLuwee Member

So. Cal
    2004 FX 35 RWD
    Looked like a lot of fun, I like this stuff, thanks for sharing this with us. My youngest daughter seen the pic's and is now asking me when I'm going to take her.........thanks. I went to the OC fair last week and had a chance to see the Peking Acrobats. You talk about being on the edge of your seat. They were great, one of the most entertaining things I have seen.

18. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I didn't take pictures of this one act of Chinese female contortionists who did things to their bodies that looked REALLY painful but the results were stunning! Gil, you should definitely take your daughters to the next circus when its in town.

19. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  20. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages: