Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

chrome trims 06-08?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by muchilus, Jan 30, 2008.

1. hey guys does any of you has upgrade the windows chrome trims that are optional since 2006 models? also the front bumpers and bottom doors slider are diferents, i want to upgrade mine.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the window trims all around are close to a grand in parts, maybe $300-$350 labor? not really a diy, the rear window is bonded in & needs to be cut out & re-bonded into the quarters, the quarter glass is included in these parts too btw, which helps explain the cost...

the front bumper needs to be changed along with the grille for that front chrome strip. for the sides you need the 2 complete rocker moldings & all 4 door moldings..., I did the conversion on mine for everything except the window moldings... I think I like them better in black than chrome on my black fx, but have considered them sometimes too... just haven't really decided that I want to do the windows yet, maybe some day...

front bumper, grille & lower molding & side rockers & lower door moldings are a pretty big project, of course the new bumper would need to be painted too, I'd say expect close to $2,500 for this whole mod not including the window chromes...

3. if you know, i prefer to upgrade just the windows and door molding. even in you case are the best part, when more dark is the picture, better look the chrome trims.

if i decide just to upgrade the windows trims, where you get it? i want to quote.

Regards,

4. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
  5. do you guys think if chrome vinyl can do the same thing as the front bumper molding?

6. Looks attractive.

just left the front bumper and the bottom chrome door hashes.

Thanks

7. Bklynjohn718

Bklynjohn718 Premium Member Premium

Brooklyn New York/Queens
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    I seen a 2008 fx35 the other day with the factory chrome around the windows like the fx 45 has. BUT the chrome was the chrome of the sport package. The darker chrome. It looked really nice. There is an option for that? Or was that new in 2008.

8. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    Wow didn't know there is Sport version on the chrome trim. Hey AreoBFA, if you read this thread, maybe you should look into the Sport version to match your Sport heads, grille and tails ;)

9. jcasanova

jcasanova Premium Member Premium

Houston,Tx
    2007 Infiniti FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    I want the chrome window trim as well but don't wanna spend a grand on it. I remember someone painting their faded window trim black what if we could paint it chrome or maybe use a chrome like vinyl? A broke man's way to getting chrome window trim possibly:mask:

10. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    No, there was only one style of chrome trim from the factory. anything otherwise is custom/aftermarket.

11. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    I don't think there is a "sport" version of the chrome window either. Probably just the lighting effect?

Jc, I painted my faded trim a while ago with Krylon Fusion, there should be a thread on it too. I'm looking to get the chrome trim around the windows this week actually. I'd rather pay the money for the chrome now for it to last than keep repainting the black trim. It was not a fun DIY.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

I did at one time consider getting chrome paint to touch it up.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

But decided against it due to the high cost and extra work involved. It's just better to get OEM parts than half-a$$ it anyways. The paint kit even says ChromeFX kit too. :LOL:

12. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  13. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    Ah darn it you guys see the eBay auction. I'm going to bid on this auction too, so a friendly heads up! :smile (2):

14. PMG 705

PMG 705 Staff Moderator

Chi-town
    FX
    I'm going to bid on it to jack up the price ;)

15. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    Haha, now everyone is going to do it. Darn it all. :frown: Was going to order the rear glass from infinitipartsusa.com and DIY the install.

16. Aww mannn, my bad!
    I posted it in the interest of the community.

:iS:

P.S.
    Don't know if you watch storage wars, but the strategic thing to say would've been something along the lines of "Oh those things?! They look all beat up, I wouldn't pay that price for em!" :tongue (2):

17. AeroBFA

AeroBFA iS VIP iS VIP

Chicagoland
    Garages:
    No its cool, I know you meant it in the best interest of the community. Glad you shared it. :smile (2):

I don't think anyone is really willing to drop close to a grand right now for chrome trim anyways. This was never a popular mod in the community. But yeah, that auction is pretty beat up. The auction says there's a dent in one of them, so who wants that? They are probably all rusty and the mounting tabs are all broken. So I'll be the guinea pig and buy them and save the trouble for the other members. ;):tongue (2)::crossedlips:

18. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    All rights guys, let Aero bid on it and have him tell us. What yall say.;)

19. Bklynjohn718

Bklynjohn718 Premium Member Premium

Brooklyn New York/Queens
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    I'm gona get pics for you guys to see. I swear it looked like the sport color. I rubbed the dirt off and it was a dark chrome. It looked factory.