Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Buying out a lease?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by finnor, Aug 7, 2007.

1. finnor

finnor Member

Hi All,

I hope this is the right area for this question. I did a 12 month lease on my 2006 FX35 RWD with all options except Entertainment and run craps. My residual is $37,835.10. I negotiated a great price when I leased it, but the residual seems high compared to book values as well as what I can buy a similar car for through other dealers.

Anybody here work in the business, or has anybody been able to negotiate a lower buy out than the residual? Do you have to pay outright or arrange your own financing, or can I go back through IFS? When I called customer service, they basically told me the residual was set and ring my own financing, but I didn't push.

I really love the car, and want to keep it so I can start modding, but don't want to pay more than it is worth.

Thanks all,

--Tor

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Welcome to the scene finnor! I don't work in the business, but maybe Kenny (de_mayor) can chime in and help you out here. Try pming him and see what he has to say. I don't see why the dealer could not arrange financing for you if you wanted to buy the fx but it might be much cheaper for you to get your own financing and negotiate a deal from there fro the FX.

Also, if the residual seems high you can always just go look for another used FX and negotiate a deal there. Good luck.