Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Brakes sticky

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by rookie, Dec 17, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Can I get some help on a brakes sticky? I know most of the BBK stuff, mainly looking for aftermarket replacement rotors, pads, lines. For the pads and rotors. Please list the good the bad and the ugly with what you're tried.

Manufacturer links and any ongoing threads going would be helpful.

Thanks all. :cool:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    StopTech Stage 2 Brake Upgrade Kit:

stage2_kit.jpg

Link: http://www.stoptech.com/products/stage1_2_upgrades.shtml
    Pros: Inexpensive oem upgrade for better ventilation with cross drilled rotors and better grip with the ceramic pads. Ans steal braided brake lines for a more reliable fluid distribution.
    Cons: Axis brake pads that usually come with the kit has alot brake dust and can still squeak. But different vendors may have different pads with the kit. The oem pads also work well and I have had no squeaks. Others have had success with akebono and hawk brake pads.

Attached Files:

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

I really want to do the stage 2 brake set up...i already have replaced my pads...just looking for some rotors for 06+ and some SS brake lines.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

InfinitiScene.com
    http://www.rotorpros.com/index.htm

Those are the ones I've got:

Pros - Good price and are stock sized, they do include crossed drilled and slotted. Eliminates all squeaks that the Stocks have. Gives that sporty look with the slotted and crossed drilled. Hubs are painted for a fee. Good affordable aternative for stocks.

Cons - They need to be warmed up a tad before they bite. Doesnt take long before they warm up though.

I'm using the Posi Quiet Extended Wear pads with them and I also put in Stop Tech SS lines.