Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Brake, Slip and VDC OFF Lights

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Dr.2K, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I took my Fx to the dealer yesterday because a week ago these three lights started comin on in my dash. I thought it might be a electrical problem, but I was told by the tech that it was because my brakes needed replacing (all 4). Has anyone experienced these lights with worn out brakes?

Some of you may remember the Stop Tech Stage II brake upgrade kit GB from the org. Well I had them installed at LMS last November and it came with the Axis pads (which I hated). These brake pads REALLY do not last that long if it already needs replacing. I do not have any experience with axis pads so is this normal?

I'm thinking of just going back to the oem pads for now.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Sounds weird, how do the pads look?

3. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Did not look at them at the dealer. Will be taking it to LMS tomorrow morning so I will see it then.

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

What time are you gonna be there Doc? I have to pick up something from Perry.....I wanna see your FX

5. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I will be be there at 8am to probably 10 or 11 depending on how fast they can get it done. Drop by and keep me company ;).

6. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Crap - I just saw this.......leaving now.

7. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Update...No more lights and breaks are working good. Got the oem brake pads installed with new shims and no need to resurface the rotors. Willl see how much dust appears on my wheel lip with these pads.

8. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I made it to LMS on time to chit chat a lil with the DOC. I'm liking the iForged rims & the Nismo Exhaust. Glad the brakes are working good now.
    I'm adding the Nismo Exhaust to my "Must Buy List"......nice meeting ya Pierce.

9. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Same here Mo or is it Will? I'm confused :confused:

10. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Will - I dont know why the guys at LMS call me Mo hahahaha. I'm thinking cuz the first 2 letters of my last name is MO.....but not certain. :confused:

11. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I asked Doug before you came and he said it was Mo, lol. You didn't correct me either, lol. Anyways it was good to meet you Will. Hopefully we will meet again soon.

12. Yeah pads being gone will definately do that. We see that ALL the time on cars here at work

13. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I didn't know that, good info and I trust your word.

14. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

Well, VDC and slip light just came on out of no where today and my front brakes pads are almost done after 50k miles on them!

I will change the pads and I hope the problem goes away. I love the forums!

15. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That should solve your problem.

16. GEE50FX

GEE50FX The Traveller iS VIP

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    I experienced exactly the same thing in my 2007 G35X sedan. All 3 of those lights came on. When I turned it off it would reset. Under hard acceleration the 3 lights would come on again and stay on until I reset it.
    My brakes were worn a bit but still okay, but because of the wear my brake fluid level went down. It was down to the Min level on the resevoir. I topped it up to the Max with brake fluid and the lights never came on again. I guess the level was down enough that under hard acceleration the sensor would trip when the fluid moved in the resevoir. A very sensitive sensor indeed.
    Wayne