Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Brake Boost / Brake Torque

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Frankiago, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    As you may or may not know, our ECU's vary engine characteristics based on whether or not it sees you pressing the brake. Just another form of control the ECU has over our driving to try to make it safer.

KPT has been beta-testing a lil module that would initially pulse the ECU when the brake is depressed so that the ECU sees that the brake input is actually working (otherwise throws a code after xx miles) and then for the length of time you keep the brake depressed, the ECU doesn't recognize it.

Without this module, the ECU maintains your RPMs OR lets you drop RPM after letting off the gas. With this module, the ECU thinks you just tapped the gas pedal and will let you rev up the full range while you're still holding steady on the brake pedal.

How is this used for us? One of two ways: you can artificially load turbos by adding the brake as a load. For example: you can be cruisin down the highway and hold the brake down a little bit while giving it gas. This loads the turbo(s) and builds boost for whenever you need it to take off and when the 3 honks (I'm not condoning street racing!) come up, you let off the brake and hammer down the gas and you instantly have boost since you were already artificially building it. This is called brake boosting.

The other way is called brake torque, which is almost the same thing except without boost. You're at a stoplight (not condoning street racing!) or at the strip with your automatic transmission car (such as the FX) and you hold down the brake while rev'in it up, then when it's time to launch, you dump the brake and slam the gas so that you're already at a more optimum RPM to launch with and use a better part of our power band when taking off.

I'll be installing it shortly.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Very cool man. Pics please, I never really had an issue with doing a burnout at the track. I had a harder time keeping the drag radials grabbing and launching me.

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    uhhhhh, I wish I had those kind of issues

4. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    That also has to do with the fact that you can probably spin the rears with just stomping the gas, no brake required.

This will probably help for the AWD guys who have plenty of traction:p

Well, here's what my camera phone could do:
    View attachment 120849

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    WOW... This is so great. I have always wanted to feel the power of my 45 right off the line as if it was only RWD.... This mod should help me a bit more with gaining enough boost to give the right amount of torque to get my heavy ass off the line.

what are the cons with this mod and the effects to my ECU? If I am just blinding it, It's cool.

How would the installation work?:confused:

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Very nice Cube! Another mod for the fx! Let us know how it works out for you.

7. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    sorry to bring up an older thread---but i want to see if this worked out cuz i was actually looking to buy this module today haha. can you show us the details please :(

p.s. they dont have it on the KP site anymore???????

oh no

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  8. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    I never got around to TT's on the FX, so I didn't bother installing. This is in storage right now along with the supercharger, exhaust, and probably parts I've forgotten about.

I'll give this a try sometime, if not I'll just sell it. Was originally intending on using it for brake boosting :shame:

9. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    o0o i see

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Damn Cube, what happened?:eek:

btw, i dont think i ever saw this thread...seems like a pretty good idea though...

11. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    I've been contemplating other planZ... :angel:

12. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Ahh...interesting planz

13. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny