Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Braille battery dead again

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by fxlr8, Jun 19, 2007.

1. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    My new braille battery has died again, checked it with only 6 volts:eek:.

I need to get a battery maintainer since I only drive the FX once a week. Plus the mac mini and the alarm probably drained it even more...

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

ahh that sucks man, i just realized one of my DTRL is dieing...flashing like crazy :(

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Wow, already? I'm still on my original. Aren't those batteries supposed to last longer and be more durable also?

4. OP
    OP
    fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Not sure if they are suppose to last longer... If you drive your car everyday or every couple days I am sure they would be fine. If you let your car sit for a bit though you would probably need the maintainer.

[​IMG]

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Oh, ok now I see your point.

6. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey Jeff, try the vector's smart jump and charger, to help maintain your battery. bought one for 81 buck and I have charged 3 batts, and jumped someone car with it already. so it's paid for it self already. Now I don't know much about the Braille battery other than the compact size. have you ever tried the Napa version of the gel cel. I just put in 2 I'm doing a stero install, putting one in the spare tire space. So I hope to have pictures next week. With the upgraded stero and battery version of the gel cel

7. OP
    OP
    fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    I did just buy a charger and maintainer, Wal-Mart special :)

Whenever I don't plan on driving the car that much I hook it up to the maintainer. I am not really sure if the braille battery is made to handle a cuv.

8. crayonz

crayonz Member

battery

new to the site. where's the best place to get a battery charger? i use my fx45 about 2-3 times a week, so just want to get one just in case. thanks, guys!

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

10. Ripjam

Ripjam Member

This might sound strange but go to a motorcycle dealer to get a battery maintainer they all sell them. Also you might have to check to see if you have a parasitic load causing the battery to drain.

11. crayonz

crayonz Member

well, my battery is fine. but how would you go about in diagnosing a parasitic load?

12. Ripjam

Ripjam Member

Use an amp meter in series after you remove the battery cable (neg) you should use a meter that at least support 10amps. The reading after everything powers back up and falls asleep should be a .5 amps or less. There's a stunt you can use in conjunction with the meter that makes it easier to do.

13. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    yeah, it's much safer with a shunt... if you go with a 10 amp meter don't make the mistake of tuning the ign on or anything or you'll blow the fuse in the meter... a shunt can handle 50 amps continuous & can even handle a start as a temporary condition...

14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 I have one on my bike now